Contest Announcment Pork In The Park Stamford, CT

Bump.

Anyone hear about the 2014 version of this? The web site says they are doing it, and KCBS lists it, and the organizer isn't answering my emails.

There is a 2014 application on the site, but prize money is listed at TBA. The application only lists a 20x20 site price, with no provision for larger sites, which isn't going to work for me.

They were tight on space last year. They said we had 20x20 sites but we were on top of each other. There were a few trailers but I don't recall any RV's--however it is a new year

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Skipping, last year we were not allowed to leave until 6pm on Sunday.

Spoke with Bob LeRose last week before sending in my application.

Same prize amounts as last year. Looking for 25 BBQ Teams to keep it a CT State Championship.

Too close to miss.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

BBQ Mafia did it last year and sent in our application last week for this year's event. As others said, I do not recall seeing an RV last year, but there were several trailer set ups. Space was tight but manageable.

Nia is listed on the contact page on the KCBS site; I was emailing with her as of Wednesday or Thursday last week and she always responded same day. I'd just try to email her again.

It was a nice contest last year. HOT!! Very HOT!!! So many people had trailers so I wouldn't imagine an RV to be a problem. The teams were kinda thrown next to each other but we were able to keep our Car on sight. (We were locked in though).
Diva Q hooked me up last year as my ribs were shot!! (Tons of shiners)
Unfortunately we can not make this one this year!!

Nia got back to me - they can handle an RV, but I have to buy a larger site for $100.

I hope they have more than 25 teams. If you have only 25 teams, and someone is DQ'd for being late, the contest doesn't count as a qualifier. A DQ for some other reason is OK, but you have to have 25 turn ins for 4 categories.

I just got an email back from Nia with confirmation she got our application. I expressed some concern about the 25 team cap and her response:

" I read all the rules, and know that we need a minimum of 25 this year, don't worry, we're not capping at 25."

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Thinking about this one, but probably need to wait another week or 2 before I pull the trigger. 80% chance I will.

So, how many competitors have signed up? I am still debating. It's a bit expensive at $300! And goes up after July 1 to $350!! Wtf! This does not help especially if they are concerned with getting 25 teams.

So, how many competitors have signed up? I am still debating. It's a bit expensive at $300! And goes up after July 1 to $350!! Wtf! This does not help especially if they are concerned with getting 25 teams.
Last I heard from Nia is that they had at least 25 teams. My guess the cost is high becuase they are supplying the meat for peoples choice?

Back