***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Lamb" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Lamb" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Lamb"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 2/26.

Every Throwdown we have is chock full of delicious looking stuff, and week after week people mention how difficult it is to pick an entry due to the sheer number of great entries. While putting together this particular vote thread, I was really struck by how fantastic this gorup of entries is. Great job everyone...you have made me so farking hungry I can't believe it!

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
1547966_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1548532_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]MadCityJim[/size]
1548902_MadCityJim.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1550440_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ique[/size]
1550758_ique.jpg

[size=+2]Chef Jim[/size]
1551582_Chef_Jim.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ Grail[/size]
1551642_BBQ_Grail.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1551696_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]zydecopaws[/size]
1551768_zydecopaws.jpg

[size=+2]martyleach[/size]
1551858_martyleach.jpg

[size=+2]Phrasty[/size]
1554037_Phrasty.jpg

[size=+2]Jonny Rotisserie[/size]
1554404_Jonny_Rotisserie.jpg

[size=+2]DavidLSI[/size]
1555240_DavidLSI.jpg

[size=+2]h00kemh0rns[/size]
1555487_h00kemh0rns.jpg

[size=+2]landarc[/size]
1555797_landarc.jpg

That is a really strong field! I hated to vote for one because they all look so good - obviously a lot went into all those dishes. I had to go with Phrasty b/c it was just sooo easy to imagine biting into to one of those chops & they were done just the way I like them. Great work - all of you:clap2:

Heyyy... what happened to this one?? :icon_blush:

b90f9a2f.jpg

Was it not qualified?? Wassup with thaaaat?? :boxing::wink::heh:

Cheers

Balls that was hard! Maybe it would not have been ^^^^^?
Gore- that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

All,

Please see my reply to Phrasty about the "missing" entry. I hope this clears up any confusion. I think if people would actually read the opening post for each category, and follow the rules, we would not have confusion. It's not big deal, I don't mind explaining these things, but it does suck in the event someone feels they were picked on or anything...when in reality it was nothing like that at all...

bigabyte said:
Sorry, but if you look at the opening post for the Throwdown...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1541790&postcount=1

It has a link to the rules. Rule #5 states...
5. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
So, because you did not specify the dish/photo you wanted, I picked for you (I hope you think the one I picked is the best).

There are excpetions to this rule. Special Throwdowns have a different set of rules. The current "My California BBQ" Throwdown is one of these Special Throwdowns. In these, I list the rules explicitly in the opening post since they do not follow the nromal Throwdown rules. Here's the opening post from the "My California BBQ" Throwdown which says multiple entries are allowed (see Rule #7).
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99547

Some people get confused because of these two different types of Throwdowns, but I am not sure how to make it more clear. The Special Throwdowns are labeled "Special" (See the tile for the My California BBQ Throwdown, it says "SPECIAL") and they also state the rules in the opening post. The regular Throwdowns are never labeled "Special" and have a link to the standard Throwdown rules. So, I guess people just aren't paying attention to the rules and assume all Throwdowns are the same is all I can guess.

Sorry for the confusion. Both of your entries were very nice.

All,

Please see my reply to Phrasty about the "missing" entry. I hope this clears up any confusion. I think if people would actually read the opening post for each category, and follow the rules, we would not have confusion. It's not big deal, I don't mind explaining these things, but it does suck in the event someone feels they were picked on or anything...when in reality it was nothing like that at all...

Hey Chris, I got your PM, thanks. The confusion was my fault I guess. I was under the impression that the rule was saying that only ONE photo of one (I thought "each") dish would be used. I guess that was due to a hasty read. Now I realize that it meant only one photo can be submitted for voting from each member even though that member might have submitted 6 dishes for the TD... My apologies... no hard feelings at all Brother! Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Does it matter? Everyone is gonna vote for Shaun the Sheep. I am gonna relish my impending Golden Goose Egg

great list of things to choose from. you all did outstanding. don't know how i missed out on this one.

Some good selections, but Chef Jim's looks somehow obscene and vulgar... can't quite pin down why :) and Gore just plays with his food too much! :) Caseydog got my vote after going through these a few times, due to smiplicity and just getting a shot of something i'd want to sit down to eat.

Gore, I would have voted for you if you'd made a cow out of the lamb instead, I think. Or maybe a pig.

Shaun the Sheep, er, Gore's entry got my vote. The rest of the plates looked great and I would have been more than happy to sample any of them, but you gotta appreciate someone who plays with their food like no one else I've ever seen.

Very funny Bob! I know you're well aware that not one work of fine art has ever won a Throwdown. It's actually easier to win with eggplant! :wink:
To be honest, none of them has been quite at the level of Shaun the Sheep. Although, the bacon stein didn't win? Are you sure? I see that bacon stein all over the internet, just about every beer site out there.

I went with the Lamb Farker, it was tough as I really liked Casey Dog's entry a lot also. Not sure I made the right choice, but, there you are.

I have to say that Phrasty did on heck of a spread, but Ique looks like a perfect leg. done just the way I like it.

Now if I could just figure out why my camera takes "obscene and vulgar... photos??? :crazy:

Oh wait I know why. But this is a family site so I can't say it. For those of you that just have to know, send me a PM and I might tell you. :becky::becky::laugh:

Going with my man Phrasty! That plate is to die for! I did have a little explaining to do when my wife caught me licking my computer screen though.... :icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush: :becky:

Awesome Pics I am starving now. Had to go with IQUE but it was a very tough decision. Gore very creative You made me laugh

I voted for Phrasty, it looks simply wonderful. I could not bring myself to vote for my own when everyone else's looked so much better.

Back