Insulated blankets for Meadow Creek TS models

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or recommendations for some type of insulated covers or blankets for the Meadow Creek TS smokers.

Meadow Creek in New Holland, PA is somewhat close to where we live, and I would love to purchase a TS-120 model. But, I have some concerns about the heat lose during colds nights and colds days once fall and winter get here.

For some of my older grilling stuff, I bought covers from Mels BBQ covers, but they don't have insulated covers. BTW, they make some really good, high quality stuff (http://www.mels-bbq-covers.com/).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

wallace

Well, I would go the welding blanket route, as it can withstand heat, not sure of how much heat retention you'll get from it tho. I've seen a fellow competitor use some sort of blanket to keep heat in and it melted to his cooker(TS 250), it was a mess

I've heard of using a heavy wool blanket on occasion

I'm pretty sure that a TS 120 will not have heat loss issues that amount to anything, you might use more fuel getting it up to temp, but once everything is warm, it will be fine...now the TS 250 on the other hand is a different animal.

Use a natural wool blanket ... laid on the offset, then place a moving blanket over the wool.

(Synthetic fibers will melt... natural fiber [wool] should be used closest to the hot steel)

If you look closely... blankets were used on the BBQ Pitmaster segments over the Langs.

Think about why we insulate the attics during the summer... a temperature barrier.

Back