Indoor pressure cooker smoker..really?

It says it can cook up to 70% faster at 15 psi.

On a typical pressure cooker the boiling point of water is raised by pressurizing it, thus higher temperatures. How the fark is pressurized smoke going to speed cooking? :wacko:

If I lived in a place where grilling/smoking was next to impossible to do, I would give it some thought.

We had a "real" Bar B Que take out joint open in our hood once. These guys where better at marketing than cooking. They had about 5 of those commercial models and produced the greasiest, toughest ribs and brisket I ever ate. They marketed a "Beach Basket". Needless to say they didn't last long.

I have no interest in anything that doesn't involve fire with my meat.

I would be concerned the pressure cooker would cook the meat to fast, not allowing the collagen to break down, giving it the flavor it would normally be getting with the meats normally used for smoking. That is just my observation that may be totally wrong.

Does it use actual wood along with water, or is it just using liquid smoke for the smoke, and the water? :mrgreen:
Dave

If someone else made it, I would try it. I might like it and learn something. I might not like it, but I would be nice...

Back