chooped/pulled Beef sandwiches

DMDon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a small request for beef sandwiches for a grad party. Since it doesn't have to be brisket, what cuts do you recommend and what are the yields. I am thinking about chuckies, but not sure what the yield is, but is has to be better than brisket.
Thanks

How much is chuck roll per lb and where do you buy it?

Don, I've seen them at Sam's on occasion. If you ask the super nice meat counter guy he may get you one out of the back room :)

Thanks guys, Does anyone use any other cuts? I'm thinking if the price is over $2.00/lb, I might as well use brisket and practice at the same time

If you're in KC before the event, RD has clod and chuck roll

Last time I got a chuck roll at sams it was 2.39 a lb or so....
I think the yield was much better than brisket, and I didn't have to trim it much.

I get mine at Sam's, you may have to call and see if they have it, if not they can order it. 2.39 is what I paid 2 weeks ago and it was 3 cryovacs and the case weighed 58 lbs. Very little waste I cook hot and fast and took them to 210 and they just fell apart. I will never chop brisket again. (hopefully)

I get mine at Sam's, you may have to call and see if they have it, if not they can order it. 2.39 is what I paid 2 weeks ago and it was 3 cryovacs and the case weighed 58 lbs. Very little waste I cook hot and fast and took them to 210 and they just fell apart. I will never chop brisket again. (hopefully)

Starting with 58 lbs, roughly what did you end up with?

It was right at 29 lbs 50%. Scott with WildBlue is the one that told me to try the chuck roll. I weighed them because he was also interested in the yield. When I cooked them I cut them into 3rds so I wasn't cooking a 20lb peice of meat.

Back