The last cook before I broke my smoker

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last Sunday, I finally got around to smoking a couple of chickens I had in the freezer. I used my solid food injector (love that thing) to inject some chunks of garlic gloves at various depths and spots throughout the birds. I also used a liquid injection of Honey Bacon BBQ Cajun Injector. The rub I used was a first timer for me that I received from a friend in Memphis. I hung the chickens in bags in the smoker and smoked them at about 240 for a little over 5 hours until they reached an IT of 162. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 350
  • photo (18).jpg
    photo (18).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 348
  • photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 349
  • photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 349
Pretty! What are the suspension thingies for those birds? Oh, and you should ask your friend to send you some Keith's Farms Garlic Butter rub some time...

Pretty! What are the suspension thingies for those birds? Oh, and you should ask your friend to send you some Keith's Farms Garlic Butter rub some time...

I had to buy 100 of them at Thanksgiving so if you need any, let me know...

Looks good, but how'd you break your smoker?

Oh, that was you, saw that, bummer. Good luck getting her fixed.

I never thought of using netting on chickens. Nice idea and a time saver from tying them up to hang. I have smaller netting i use for Pork Loins, they would also work well on chicken..

Thanks for sharing the pics. and a new way to hang chicken.

I never thought of using netting on chickens. Nice idea and a time saver from tying them up to hang. I have smaller netting i use for Pork Loins, they would also work well on chicken..

Thanks for sharing the pics. and a new way to hang chicken.

No problem. That is what this site is for. I have learned a ton from others on here!

Back