• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brethren as family

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Moderators, I am putting this in QTalk so more people see it. Please move if you must, with my apologies.

If you're on this site long, you'll notice that there's more than great BBQ advice hete...there's also a sense of community and family. I have been recipient of many blessings from this Brethren family. You can read a long saga in the Discussion and Reflection section.

A new blessing from this group to share...to show the quality of people here. Last year I sold a BGE to a member. He never picked it up. I have been hospitalized all year and lost my house so I contacted him to get him to get it before it was too late. Knowing I am still broke he told me to resell it and keep the money, which I was able to do. Wow, thanks wilkat.

Today, Wampus drove over three hours to pick up my trailer and loaded all my smokers/grills to take back to his place to store for me, lest I lose them with the housr. Thank you.

These are the kind of people here. If you're new, join, subsc and enjoy.

Dan you have been through alot You are right this is a Great Family I am hoping your luck will change soon

Dan you have been through alot You are right this is a Great Family I am hoping your luck will change soon

+1

Willkat and Wampus. Way to go. While I know you two aren't the first Brethren to make a difference I also know you won't be the last. Great of you.

I :bow: to you.

Dan,
I still think of you frequently. And still hoping you get better soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Dan you have been through a lot in the last year. You are so right about Brethren being family, I have never seen the type of support given as is here. Very nice people wilkat and Wampus are! Glad you are feeling better and getting around nore.

I like these types of posts, thanks for this.
Wampus is a man who does not lack conviction, and because of that he will always have my respect.

To be HONEST....

I have always wanted a BGE. I really just wanted a way to justify "renting" a couple. My wife would have NEVER been OK taking such a long trip just to get some cookers to borrow! :becky:

So NOW.....I've got this trailer with all KINDS of toys to play with! :thumb:

I was just being selfish, no need to thank me!

I gotta say (and actually DID say when the family and I were loading things up) that I thought that I was a BBQ hoarder! You got it BAD Pastor! :laugh:

Very well done willkat and Wampus!

Get well soon Dan so we can see you reunited with your cookers and cooking again!

I'd agree completely, Although I've never gotten the opportunity to be on the giving, nor been put in the position to be on the receiving end of the generosity on this site, It's been apparent from day 1.

Just having that type of atmosphere on a forum completely changes it from others that I've been on.

I've never had the pleasure of "meating" Brother Wampus but I hope to some day. He sounds like a great guy.

As for that other Farker, Wilkat, I can vouge for him. He is the nicest guy you willl ever "meat." He would even give you the shirt off his back, but I have no use for a farking Chicago White Sox t-shirt.:razz::thumb:

As for you Dano, you get well. God has use for you on this planet, that I'm sure of.

I hear ya Dan. I found this place after reading an interview with Big Mista in an online news article, and the way he spoke about this place - and I'm not just talking about the food part - made me want to check it out. Everything he said was true - and then some. I don't join anything ever, but this struck me as a good place to be, and it is, largely in part to farkers like you. :thumb: I'm really looking forward to your recovery and I am glad to read what you have written.

Now we just gotta make sure Wamp isn't doing weird stuff to your cookers while he has them. :shocked:

No greater bond even comes close to brethren love. Selfless acts through thick and thin

Yea, I am kinda worried about the cookers too, Greg! :shock:

You know Kempis, if you abuse those cookers you will have to register as an Offender!

Dan, thanks for posting this, you are in our continued prayers for a speedy recovery. :pray:

Besides being the absolute best online BBQ resource anywhere, there is a camaraderie here unlike I've ever seen. The willingness on the part of so many here to help others, whether it be about BBQ or even personal challenges is truly amazing.

Then of course, there's all the whack-a doodles that hang out in the throwdown forums...:roll:

Now we just gotta make sure Wamp isn't doing weird stuff to your cookers while he has them. :shocked:

Yea, I am kinda worried about the cookers too, Greg! :shock:

You know Kempis, if you abuse those cookers you will have to register as an Offender!

Hey.....I've TASTED Dan's Q. What exactly do you think I'll do with them that'd be WORSE?

:boxing:

You farkers you!

Back