Southern Brethren and Mobile, Alabama

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tim and I will be gearing up this week for a trip to Mobile, Alabama, for the KCBS contest there next weekend.

I've been sorting a couple of boxes and will be making up rubs and sauces this week. Wednesday I pick, clean, and pack the LETTUCE. Thursday morning I'll head up to Marianna to meet up with Tim and we'll "convoy" over to Mobile.

They are, apparently, treating the teams right in Mobile. Seafood dinner and party Thursday night. Mardi Gras doings over the weekend. Huge 40x40 cook sites, and so forth.

We've got a few new tricks up our sleeves for this cook off - so we'll see how it goes.

We've got two WSM's and a modified Bandera -- we're BAD! :mrgreen:

Got my fingers crossed that you two get a good table tasting your meat. You are due for at least a little bit of reward.

All we can do is the best we can do ON THAT WEEKEND. We've gotten some experience over the last few months so now's time for us to put it to use. :D

DFLittle said:
All we can do is the best we can do ON THAT WEEKEND. We've gotten some experience over the last few months so now's time for us to put it to use. :D
YUP
No distractions, no worries.
Just cook!!!!!!!!!!!
RV on site.
Killer WSMs and Studedera doing battle with the big boys from all over the Eastern US.
Alabama State Championships with 80 teams. Huge purse.

At least HomeBBQ and Woodhouse will be "locking horns" in Crestview. :D

We "Ain't Skeered" of the rest of them folks. :oops:

GONNA BE FUN

TIM

Good luck Dave and Tim! Knock um dead and by all means have that 'moded' Bandera front and center so you can REPRESENT! =)

Tim and Dave good luck!
Found out yesterday that Woodhouse Grill and Jack's Old South are heading to Mobile, so I will get a bit of a break in Crestview. Although the field will still be tough with Smoking Permitted, Squeels on Wheels, Kick the Tire, Light the Fire, Yhd Dixie Boys, and the Florida Boys.

homebbq said:
Tim and Dave good luck!
Found out yesterday that Woodhouse Grill and Jack's Old South are heading to Mobile, so I will get a bit of a break in Crestview. Although the field will still be tough with Smoking Permitted, Squeels on Wheels, Kick the Tire, Light the Fire, Yhd Dixie Boys, and the Florida Boys.
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodhouse in Mobile?? :twisted: :twisted:
We love those guys, but DAMN, I was expecting only "amateurs" :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh well, I guess "your loss is our gain" :lol:

Knock'em dead at Crestview!

TIM

That will be a real tough field in Mobile, Pig Pals, Smoking Triggers, Lotta Bull, Butt Rub, Britts BBQ, Piggin & Grinnin (on and on). I went there in 2003 and its a great contest.

homebbq said:
That will be a real tough field in Mobile, Pig Pals, Smoking Triggers, Lotta Bull, Butt Rub, Britts BBQ, Piggin & Grinnin (on and on). I went there in 2003 and its a great contest.
Like I said before--"We ain't skeered"!
(Yeah, sure) :oops: :oops: :oops:
I just gotta keep the "game face on" till the "Reality Check" awards. :lol:
Plenty of time between the awards on Sat and our departure on Sunday morning to do the "Natural Light and Sleep it Off" Mod when reality bites :cry:

Now--If someone will just convince Woodhouse to play at Crestview--"we be fine" :lol:

TIM

Don't be scared, just do your best, and hope for the best. With 80+ teams it will be a bit of a crap shoot. Alot of people will have a chance to walk the stage.

I just want to see the Triggers matching RV and cook rig again! :D

I'm looking forward to Mobile - there'll be enough teams we're familiar with to visit but lots of new name/reps/faces to match up.

I'm expecting HomeBBQ to do well, as usual, at Crestview - I think this will be the first weekend where this forum has had teams out in a couple of different contests. Should be interesting reading by Monday.

I've got about a 8-10 hour drive so I'll probably wait, like Tim (nothing like having a motorhome available) and head back Sunday morning.

I think for us it's back to basics and pay attention. We know how to make some good food so it's just time to put up! Walk the talk! And all those other cliches! :mrgreen:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but at KCBS, IMO, Any one team can win on any given day. It dont matter who you are. Just do your best at with what your best at.

and .... In the immortal words of DFLITTLE, dont experiment at a competition!

most important.. have fun!

Whats up guys? Mike from the Woodhouse grill here.Hope to see ya in Mobile

Welcome. We're getting quite a collection of Florida teams.

Are you guys going to compete in the pro or amateur division? :mrgreen:
((Woodhouse Grill got scored as an amateur team at Plant City - KCBS admin error))

If you haven't already (and from the post count you haven't) please go over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

bbqman1 said:
Whats up guys? Mike from the Woodhouse grill here.Hope to see ya in Mobile
Shucks--we gotta quit talking about Woodhouse now :oops:

You are all over this forum allready!

Gonna be fun to watch the "Titans of the FBA" battle it out on-line!

I am Humbled :mrgreen:

OH YEAH Mike-Mobile is full-up--you need to run over to Crestview if you wanna cook that weekend :lol: :lol: :lol:

TIM

Shucks--we gotta quit talking about Woodhouse now

LOL, you know Tim, before the summer is over, we won't be able to talk about many teams. I expect this board to jump by about 200 people, with several being competition cookers. Nothing but good ahead for us.

Best of luck to you and DF.......do what you know will work best. Have fun, and be great ambassadors.

Back