First cook on UDS and new build started!! (With PRON!!)

jgbmgb

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this site for all the expertise on the UDS builds. Ours turned out great and the first cook of 3 butts turned out awesome!!!
This is some great "que"!! Growing up in Eastern NC and my family having owned 7 hog farms, we made and ate a lot of BBQ. I have to say that now that I've had applewood smoked pulled pork, I'm addicted. No more chopping and drowning meat in vinegar!!! Our new build starts today with a "score" I picked up today for free!! Stainless commercial freezer we're outfitting with an Afterburner!! Wish us luck and we'll post pics as we build!!

Pics posted below

Last edited:
So someone explain to me about not seeing the 9 pics. Every time I reload page and pull up thread, they are there, at least for me.

I would suspect that the web site you are hosting the images on is protected in some manner to prevent you from linking directly from this post to the images. It looks like they want you to link to a different site to allow the rabble (us) to see the images.

Think I figured it out. Hope this works!

Last edited:
Yessir, that is some good looking pork. Is that freezer plastic coated on the inside or porcelain?

Porcelain coated steel int. All stainless ext. Looked for 2 months to find one I could afford. (FREE, that is!!) Will be using this Afterburner.

Last edited:
Congrats on the UDS and cook. Can't wait for build updates.

Back