A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

you have to change the date. :sad:
Rick, already noted... But it's not up to me.
See Rick, you need to learn to work and play well with others... lol

Jeff you been using those BGE too much. I am a stick burner gotta stay up and enjoy the night. Dont worry I will wake you so you get to see the sun rise.

Roger, I'm not bringing the BGE... Bringing the Mistress... I'll be up with you watching the temps and watching you be afraid of the dark.... lol

And on the MOINK ball thing... We could add that to the appetizer list, and let the staff determine the winner of both ABTs and MOINK balls.
Cool!! Holy MOINK Ball Certifications!!!

Afraid of the dark.....is Billy coming??

Curt are you suppling all the pans, trays, that sort of thing? I will have the Lang and my tables and canopys.

See Rick, you need to learn to work and play well with others... lol

that hurts, man

let me put my original post another way.

i have a previously booked gig and i cannot make it. i hate that i cannot make it. i really, really want to be there. but i can't. so it sucks.

Great... We'll add PA to the states showing up!

I should be able to provide aluminum foil hotel pans for everyone. If you foil, bring your own.

Pat's having a family tragedy right now; keep him in your prayers. When he's back, he and I are going to talk about sponsors, etc. We're going to try to have all the meat paid for. And I'm working on having help for everyone.

Afraid of the dark.....is Billy coming??
Not that I know of, but he is welcome to join me!

that hurts, man

let me put my original post another way.

i have a previously booked gig and i cannot make it. i hate that i cannot make it. i really, really want to be there. but i can't. so it sucks.
I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings Rick (but you've got to toughen up!), and I'm real sorry that you won't be there... We had a blast last year and I'll never forget your comment on my brisket... "Jeff, You suck." It was the highest praise that I could have gotten from you....

I too, wish I could make it. The Monster would be up for it's share of that 1000# goal. I'll be at another gig, too. And, a church gig at that.
Good luck to all participating.

I hope your brother can make it back out again! :biggrin:

I will be there. No Arbys cracks this time!
I think I'm in for the whole night this time.
Although I now have a smoker, I probably will not have it there. Sold my truck....
I moved to Lebanon & my church here (Antioch) wants to check you guys out for a possible event in Lebanon!!
I will be the gopher or what ever you all need!!!

The only thing I would have improved would have been to have all of the cooks together, and you have already addressed that.

This is just my opinion, but prepping, cooking, and preparing the finished goods for the folks of Dayton was the reason I came down last year (well, that AND meeting all of the guys who were there).

I'll go out on a limb here, but since it is a church function, maybe a "Holy Smokes" led bible study on Saturday night for those who are so inclined?

Like the Holy Smokes Bible study idea brother!!

OK all is has been a long tome since I have been here. Have had A LOT going on, HarborMaster can vouch!
I know I am opening my self up to some ridicule, but my new unit is a half smoker, half LP. I have not used the smoker and am somewhat afraid of ruining meat. If I can get it there, it can be used for hot dogs, hamburgers.... and let you competition guys do your thang!
Just an idea. Looking forward to seeing you all again, and meeting the rest!

You're not far from me, then.. I'm outside Waynesville.

If you can get it there, that's cool, if not, that works, too.

Ok... I'm trying to get some 'official' counts, etc., for organizing and all.

If you're going to be at a Pretty Good BBQ 2009, May 16-17:

Send me a PM with:

Your real name and screen name
Your cell (in case we need to contact you to see if you're lost, etc)
Your email address
The tshirt sizes of everyone in your group

Pat and I met the other day to organize for sponsors. If you have a business and want to sponsor the event, PM me!

Remember the events outside the serving of bbq itself...

Saturday evening will be ABT and MOINK Ball competitions at 7:30 pm, to be used as appetizers for dinner. We may try to get a group MOINK ball certification of some sort.

Sunday at 8:00 am will be the fatty competition.

I've only gotten reponses from 7 guys, and I think more are coming... Please get me your info in a PM as soon as you can!

I have some good news...

I have a list of guys that are going to help with the following:

Some will be there on Saturday from noon to 4 to help anyone coming in then to unpack and set up.

Some will be there all night to be pit assistants. They're looking forward to being there; any bbq info you can give them, they'll appreciate. They can be used to monitor fires, wash up, carry stuff around, whatever you need them to do. I'm hoping at least 1 per cooking team. Don't abuse them, but they're yours to use as needed. Don't you wish comps did that???

Then there are more coming back on Sunday to help pack up and get you on the road. There should be enough that they can get you all packed up in a reasonable time, and you won't have to do much but direct (I'm hoping).

I was really impressed with the support of these guys, the vineyardMEN (our men's ministry). We're still working on donations for meat, but I think we're already over 300 lbs of meat given, on our way to 1000 lbs!

Probably the Fab 4 from Mi. at least Curt, waiting to hear from a couple others!:cool:

Send me what you've got so far for sure... I'm trying to get a qty break on tshirts!

Back