Downed Cows Et Food Safety

I still say it goes right back to the dollar.

Production companies are looking to make the end result.... $$$$$$$

The more they can push through, the more they make. I saw it when I was working maintenance at several production facilities. I couldn't tell you how many times I heard the management say, "mix the bad in with the good, and if they catch it, we will worry about it later." Then when the bad was sent back, there was a credit given, but the bad would go right back into another batch of good parts. A vicious cycle until they didn't come back again.

Then everyone wonders why quality is so bad. Blame management and the almighty dollar.... that is what is wrong in America, and all of the jobs are going overseas. Americans have out priced the market, and the manufactures can ship raw product overseas, manufacture it, and ship it back for less money. But did they drop the price here, of course not. More profit in their already fat wallets.

My rant for today, and my $0.02 worth.

Bill

The film was very tough to watch, came up several times over the weekend news.
I had to look away.
What a pity.

Agreed. The images of the mistreatment and abuse were sickening. Harvesting is one thing, abusing is quite another.

The management team at that company made the wrong choice - the lost revenue of rejecting and humanely disposing of those injured and sick animals will pale in comparison to the cost of the recall and possible fines they face. It amazes me how people can take a look at a situation, see right from wrong, and choose wrong.

What happened to integrity? and responsibility? at the corporate and individual level?

The image of that Cow walking in on its Back Knees will stick for a while. Film made me sick. Should let the people from PETA have there way with the employees for a while. Its Too Bad.

From the CEO's on down is to blame! Their output for less determines their yearly salary. Not only in this market! It's all about $ and the dividends paid to the stock holders! (GRrrrrr...) I'm through now!! Hope I didn't step on anyones toes to hard.

The one thing that bugs me about this whole deal is the video was shot over a year ago and was just released. I question why they didn’t release it to the authorities any sooner? I also question why they made the decision to do a mandatory recall at this point and just dump 143 million pounds of what is most likely good quality beef? I’ll bet that the recall forces the company to close their doors and throws the other "good" workers out on the street with no job...Not too bright IMO.

I have quit jobs for less than that. I would have been the whistle-blower for sure. Makes me sick to my stomach. I guess beef prices will skyrocket now.

Back