View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean "Puffy" Coals View Post
Ok, after much aggrivation and a little home re-wiring, I finally got a set up to where my stick welder doesn't blow the breaker every time I touch it to the tank.

Now, the issue is the welding itself. The stick sparkrs and "melts" away, but there is no weld left behind. I have tried many different power settings, including the highest. Can this be because of cheap sticks i bought at harbor freight? I think i'm going to stop at Home Depot tomorrow after work and pick up some different ones to try.

This is my first time welding, so I don't know for sure if that's the issue or not, but we'll see. Should have some pics tomorrow night.
Sounds like dirty metal and/or bad ground. You have to make sure that all metal being welded is ground to bare metal and clean. Also make sure the metal where you attach the ground clamp to is bare and clean.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote