IBCA Rib Question

F

Friscoag

I have a stupid question.

I prefer to cook my ribs in half slabs. I tend to get a better result and can get them done a little faster.

Any rules against cutting my slabs in half pre-cook, after inspection with IBCA rules?

No, I'm doing one the week before. I'm kinda thinking about it, but 2 weeks in a row is tough. I might would come out tho, need any help? I'm all up for learning.

George West or Round Rock?

Stop on by. We like the Irving cook since there is electricity, real restrooms, they provide breakfast and usually have a good turnout. Especially since Italy was cancelled.

yes its ok, I usually trim 2 or 3 off each end ( to fit my upright) on mine, both ends usually no good for turn in so I cook them at home for practice.

Not sure why your needing to get them "done faster" in IBCA? Typically, plenty of time.

That being said, I think all my competitiors in IBCA should cut their slabs in half....

I don't have a bigger cooker yet. Bout to order the g2 party, but right now I'm doing contests on 2 eggs, sometimes I can get a 3rd, but depending on the comp, timing can be an issue. I'm new to all this, I don't claim to be a professional. I just enjoy the hell out of it.

I don't have a bigger cooker yet. Bout to order the g2 party, but right now I'm doing contests on 2 eggs, sometimes I can get a 3rd, but depending on the comp, timing can be an issue. I'm new to all this, I don't claim to be a professional. I just enjoy the hell out of it.

Cook your brisket early and hold in a cambro or cooler at least in time to put the chicken on. Cook ribs on the other egg.

That's what I do but my last one involved pulled pork and cooks choice on Saturday, so even with 3 eggs and my adjustable rig it got a little hectic.

George West or Round Rock?

Stop on by. We like the Irving cook since there is electricity, real restrooms, they provide breakfast and usually have a good turnout. Especially since Italy was cancelled.

When is the Round Rock one?

Back