• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2006 Bashes

nmayeux

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I realize that the 2005 season is just winding down, but I was wondering what y'all were thinking about for next year. I have offered a couple of times to host a bash down here, but I would also like to make one of the larger bashes this year. The more warning I have, the more likely I will be able to attend. I would really like to meet some of you next year, and share a cold drink.

Funny I was thinking about this today. It is getting close to time I have to put in for vacation days for next year. I am going to attend a Bash this year, if I have to call in sick to do it.

I have been pushing 80 hours a week since the hurricanes, and although the money has been great, I'm looking forward to blowing off some steam. After this, I will have no problem calling in sick!

Last weekend in June for Mecca Bash here on Long Island. I have a feeling it may be a big one this year. :biggrin:

Count me in if you can find a place for me to crash! Also, not to offend the hosts, but these engagements are estrogen free right?

nmayeux said:
Count me in if you can find a place for me to crash! Also, not to offend the hosts, but these engagements are estrogen free right?
Depends on how much testostorone the estrogen person has
icon_biggrin.gif

Never brave enough myself--maybe in 2006
redface.gif

TIM

BBQchef33 said:
I have a feeling it may be a big one this year. :biggrin:

I think there will be MANY folks from Long Island at next years bash at Phils house. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Steve

There's always the trailer!!

It's mostly estrogen free - excepting Sharon and Jackie. Some of the local wives show up on Saturday evening - otherwise we're free to scratch and fart as neede.

If I can get to a bash (hope Hope HOPE) can I bring wifey? The Fragile Flower has been known to fart and scratch!

There is nothing of course written in stone, but the rule of thumb has been no lady types doing the allnight thing. It is great to meet a new brother for a few hours, if that is all that they can stay, and if wifey is there that is fine. So far there have been no lady over nighters. We tend to get pretty drunk, rowdy, loud, and crude come night fall.

Let's see, a chance to party with some guys who love to BBQ, drink, and chew the fat. No wife, No kids, No problem. Wife will be happy to be rid of me for a couple of days.

icemn62 said:
Let's see, a chance to party with some guys who love to BBQ, drink, and chew the fat. No wife, No kids, No problem. Wife will be happy to be rid of me for a couple of days.
:biggrin: This is what I am looking for in a vacation!:twisted: Where do I send the money?!!! If this is the case "I'M IN!!!!"

I'm looking forward to it, especially since i live on LI and read all the great things about some of the other recent Brethren bashes.

I'll definitely do my share (clean up, prep, bring beer - whatever is needed !!)

A long day/evening away from the wife and daughter is well deserved......

Bashes go for 3-4 days. Mini bashes are 1. People start arriving late thursday thru to midday Friday, and leave sunday afternoon. Required airport for local pickup is Islip Macarthur. Otherwise JFK and LaGuardia are about an hour away, and anyone coming in there is on there own to get here. Friday night is party night and all day saturday and saturday night. There are several local hotels/motels within 15-20 mins for anyone who wants a bed and privacy.

Although no one has ever said not to bring family, the overnight stuff/early morning hours would make for a little bit of uncomfortable situations and its probably best avoided. During the day/evening the locals come by with anyone/everyone thats fine and encouraged, but come 2-3am it starts looking like a locker room. Sharon always makes herself very scarce except for the evening partying where she the one giving out the shots.

We have them in the summer so sleeping arrangments are.... crash where ever you can find a spot. For the NY bash, i have a trailer that sleeps 4, then 3 couches, 2 recliners and the rest are just spots on the floors or outside in the hammock and patio lounges. Even tents. Sleep is not much of something we think about.

Food.. 2 full fridges.. we usually cook more than we can eat.
Drink... 4 full 150 qt coolers.
Cabo.. one bottle each. :shock: :twisted:

We usually start talking bash around february. Think this one is gonna be a big one. Last count there was about 15 of us on long island alone.

This is just my opinion:

I go to a Bash for ME. I drink too much, cuss to much, smoke cigars, and have MY TIME at least one weekend of the year.

I love my wife dearly - she's my best friend. I WILL NOT EVER expose her to the inner sanctum of the Brethren. She knows I go to a Bash to let loose.

Ladies at a Bash put a real crimp in the festivities - again, this is my opinion. They don't really want to be part of a 96 hour frat party.

This "coed" question has come up before - and my answer now is what is was then - I won't attend a coed Bash - it would be a waste of my time.

Selfish, maybe. But it's the way I feel about it. I don't know about the rest of you but my wife get's a lot more evenings out with the girls and girl weekends than I do time out with the guys. This one weekend a year is mine and mine alone.

Well guys, I'm new here and just learning the rules, traditions, feelings, whatever

:mrgreen:

chad said:
This is just my opinion:

I go to a Bash for ME. I drink too much, cuss to much, smoke cigars, and have MY TIME at least one weekend of the year.

I love my wife dearly - she's my best friend. I WILL NOT EVER expose her to the inner sanctum of the Brethren. She knows I go to a Bash to let loose.

Ladies at a Bash put a real crimp in the festivities - again, this is my opinion. They don't really want to be part of a 96 hour frat party.

This "coed" question has come up before - and my answer now is what is was then - I won't attend a coed Bash - it would be a waste of my time.

Selfish, maybe. But it's the way I feel about it. I don't know about the rest of you but my wife get's a lot more evenings out with the girls and girl weekends than I do time out with the guys. This one weekend a year is mine and mine alone.
I guess this means Tim will not be attending?

I'm looking forward to the L.I. Bash next year! Gotta make sure I get that Thursday and Friday off. Let me know when the dates are firm!

Back