any weber q lovers here ?

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
never really see it talked about. i plan on making a wood handle for mine. i hate the plastic one. won't look anything like what marty makes.

Thought about buying one for camping. But that was before I got turned on to smoking and bbq'n with wood and charcoal. Don't think I'll buy one now. But who knows. What do you think about 'em? And what do you cook on it?

i think they are great. especially for camping, etc. i just cook quick stuff on mine as i normally use charcoal. especially nice if you get to an area that bans charcoal.

I have one & the stand, about 8 years old+-..... Been a lot of places with me.... Heavy..... Works good..... Prefer charcoal, but they work well for what they are intended for.

I got a WGA and just love it. But then, there is only 2 of us. And hey, it has 3 handles, how could I not love it????

never really see it talked about. i plan on making a wood handle for mine. i hate the plastic one. won't look anything like what marty makes.

Not to take away from DIY, but there is bro here that has a CNC mill in his garage, and does awesome handles!

yea, something like marty or whatever.:wink: kinda funny cuz i remembered a neighbor who had a cnc wood setup. went to talk to him and he moved !
anyway, i'd rather have a simple dowel handle than that plastic.

Not to take away from DIY, but there is bro here that has a CNC mill in his garage, and does awesome handles!

well, i started to work on the dowel handle and i quickly realized that it just wasn't gonna do the q justice. the handle does have a concave cutout so i have a test piece of wood to insert there and will see if that works. i'll see if its good enough till i decide on something better.

hows this ? just getting an idea of how it looks.

IMG_0355.jpg

Q 200 here, I love it, use it mostly for quickies after work and camping

I have a Babycue 100 that is my only gasser but ol'Baby sure comes in handy sometimes. Great for cheese toasties.

Back