Tracy's Landing .... Cancelled ?????

PeppermonkeyBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We were just informed that Tracy's Landing had been cancelled ... The KCBS site is also showing it as cancelled. Say it aint so!!! Anyone have insight on this? If there is no hope for recovery, we may be looking for a place to compete that weekend ...

I saw the same thing. I went ot there site and sure enough it's not gonna happen this year. Kind of a bummer since it's only a few minutes from my house

Hope this isn't true, but sounds like it is.

We really enjoyed this contest last year.

That was one of the only contests we were going to do this year since it is a few blocks from my Dad's house. :sad:

I saw the same thing. I went ot there site and sure enough it's not gonna happen this year. Kind of a bummer since it's only a few minutes from my house

Us too!! ... Shady Side, only ten minutes away.

I heard it was due to venue issues. but also heard that they will be back in 2014. Also next year we (the St Marys county Elks Lodge) will be having a sactioned event in St Marys called "Piggin' on the Patuxent" the first weekend of August. We are doing a 2 meat ribs and chicken one day event this year August 3rd.

Attachments

• Piggin' in the Patuxent - JPEG.jpg
    Piggin' in the Patuxent - JPEG.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 163
I heard it was due to venue issues. but also heard that they will be back in 2014. Also next year we (the St Marys county Elks Lodge) will be having a sactioned event in St Marys called "Piggin' on the Patuxent" the first weekend of August. We are doing a 2 meat ribs and chicken one day event this year August 3rd.
Any more info on the one for this year?

Any more info on the one for this year?

Finalizing things now. It will is a KCBS licenced event (with a KCBS Rep) we were going to just have it at our lodge this year and move it to the Fairgrounds next year but we seem to have started to out grow the lodge so I am trying to secure the fairgrounds this year as we speak. This year's entry fee will be $150 with a total prize money of $4500 based on 30 teams.

Once I finalize the site tomorrow I will post the links next week.

It's true, Tracy's Landing has been canceled. To be honest I don't look for it to be back.

This was a great contest. It was looking to be one of the best in our State. I also helped getting Safeway in there as a sponsor. I thought it was going to nothing but get bigger and better. This is a sad day for me. I will miss the organizers and the event.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dave Millins is a good friend of mine. I just called and had a long talk about what happened. It seems the people at Herrington Harbor are the problem. Labor day weekend is a big weekend for members of the club. So it can still happen just not on Labor Dat weekend. I sugested the last weekend in september. It is a beautiful time of the year to be on the Bay. So it looks like it is going to happen again. Just not this year.

Keep the faith as this is a GREAT CONTEST!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dave Millins is a good friend of mine. I just called and had a long talk about what happened. It seems the people at Herrington Harbor are the problem. Labor day weekend is a big weekend for members of the club. So it can still happen just not on Labor Dat weekend. I sugested the last weekend in september. It is a beautiful time of the year to be on the Bay. So it looks like it is going to happen again. Just not this year.

Keep the faith as this is a GREAT CONTEST!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Well this is the optimism I like to hear! This was a contest that was talked about up and down the coast after it's first year and for many reasons was our favorite. I would love to see it return, and would even help if help was needed to get it back on the map. Late September actually sounds like an improvement as far as time of the year. We will make sure we stop and 'bug' Dave about it from time to time.

I kind of thought the boat owners would be upset. I don't blame them at all. They pay a lot of money to berth their boats there and Labor Day is a huge weekend for them also. When we descended on them taking over the parking lot and using the restrooms, it must have been a huge inconvenience for them. I hope they get the dates changed and reschule for next year. It's a very nice venue and organizers.

Bummer indeed! We judged that comp last year, and had a blast doing that!

We also said we would attend as competitors this year based on the location, set-up and stuff.

Hope it works out and they will be able to make this event happen again.

wallace

Any word on this yet?

Back