How do you like your steak Sir?

I tried to order my steak as "I would like it to be 128F, with a nice char" I was told that the kitchen was confused by that.

I tried to order my steak as "I would like it to be 128F, with a nice char" I was told that the kitchen was confused by that.

i'm a total snob when it comes to steak and that is why i dont order a steak unless i'm at a fine steak house....which i almost never am. unless, of course, you consider my home a fine steak house....which i do. :becky:

Passed quickly thru a warm room....
DSCN3926_zps67bab5a1.jpg

Someone needs to send that pic to tortaboy... :heh:

I like mine medium. Cant go any less done than that. GUess Im a wuss and definitely in the minority here. Not trying to hijack - but question for you guys that like yours rare......is this an acquired taste or how youve always eaten steak? I grew up eating steak on the burnt side of well, but over the years have slowly acquired a taste for a little bit of pink, so I dont think its out of the question that Ill be eating a medium rare steak in the next decade. I just cant get past that "raw" texture.

I like mine medium. Cant go any less done than that. GUess Im a wuss and definitely in the minority here. Not trying to hijack - but question for you guys that like yours rare......is this an acquired taste or how youve always eaten steak? I grew up eating steak on the burnt side of well, but over the years have slowly acquired a taste for a little bit of pink, so I dont think its out of the question that Ill be eating a medium rare steak in the next decade. I just cant get past that "raw" texture.

First try rare prime rib. Eat it in the dark, so you can't see it. Once you taste the flavor of a rare prime there is NO GOING Back. Steak then is a wlak in the park.

when i first met my wife she liked steak burnt to a crisp, i actually hated cooking them for her, i felt like i'd rather cook chicken for her. i've since converted her to medium rare steaking eating....but it took me 6 years to show her the light. medium rare really is more tender and juicy. i suggest trying to slowly eat pinker steaks until you are comfortable eating like GTR :biggrin1: the advice above about eating it in the dark is actually a good idea, you'll see.....

Gave my 9 year old daughter some Medium cooked steak one evening (yeah... I had a little too much beer while cooking)... anyway.. she passed it back to me and said, "it ain't red enough, Dad" :-D I apologized, "won't happen again darling"

We are a medium rare household (reverse seared of course) leaning toward the rarer side. the only exception is my 7 year old son who claims he doesn't like steak :roll: We are hoping he grows out of that.

For a really high quality steak, I want it to moo when I poke it with the fork.

For most other steaks, I like medium rare.

I'm not nearly as manly as most of you guys. I'm a medium well type of guy.

Back