• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
  • Grated chocolate or chocolate dust outside optional

1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
  2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball or log. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
  3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans or grated chocolate or chocolate dust before serving.

There seems to be something missing here... like a picture..

??? So how was it ???

I first read "Chocolate Chip Cheeseball" and was thinking just how bad chocolate chips, cheddar cheese, and pimentos would taste. The recipe sounds interesting but not only are there no pictures there was no review. Give it up - any good?

Sounds good.

Reminds me of my all time favorite breakfast . . . Cream cheese and chocolate chip omelet. Scramble the eggs with a little champagne and it gets even better. Chocolate chips in the egss and then stuff with the cream chease and more chocolate chips.

Reminds me of my all time favorite breakfast . . . Cream cheese and chocolate chip omelet. Scramble the eggs with a little champagne and it gets even better. Chocolate chips in the egss and then stuff with the cream chease and more chocolate chips.

Sound more like a hangover cure. :icon_clown

I first read "Chocolate Chip Cheeseball" and was thinking just how bad chocolate chips, cheddar cheese, and pimentos would taste. The recipe sounds interesting but not only are there no pictures there was no review. Give it up - any good?

Review:
Consistency of Cheese cake but sweeter. (Fluffy but not too fluffy) I am not a big sweets eater. I would say it was Dang good.

So with my brethren blood now I have to ask "I wonder what it would taste like with White chocolate or even dark chocolate though I dont eat a lot of Dark Chocolate (Fav Mod/Fiddler mod)

There seems to be something missing here... like a picture..

Here is the proof in the Cheese ball! Sorry for the not so great pic.... Oh and LMAJ Rocks.............

IMG_0663.jpg

I'm wondering if you added cocoa powder to this, it doesn't sound too far off from that mud stuff we make for the kids when camping. That's some dang good stuff I have to admit.

Pretzels would be great with it!!! Great Idea.

Now you got me thinking. Which by the way can be hard to do especially before the holiday. Hmmm I have made ABTs with many different fillings but never anything sweetor with chocolate! Hmmm now when I do them I will call them Sweet N Heat ABTs with this being a filling.

Back