Royal Turn in Boxes

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Lets see the turn in boxes from the Royal. Pics of something from the Royal.

Lets see the turn in boxes from the Royal. Pics of something from the Royal.

Here's our first place invitational chicken. I know it does not look like much. I put the pieces in the box on a slight diagonal because they were all different sizes and I thought that might hide that a little. The pic was taken with my cell phone so the quality is not the best

royalchicken.jpg

Nice Pic Steve, it looks awesome!

Now i just need you to hold another class so i know what kind of sauce, rub, and technique you used. I assume now that you got first place at the royal, the price went up.:-D

Good Luck at the Jack!!!

Andy and Todd with the first place pork trophy in the Invitational.

Attachments

• Andy and Todd.jpg
    Andy and Todd.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 948
Swamp Boy's (Rub) with the ribbon for the 4th place pork in the Invitational, and to his right, Chris and Neal (Dodge County Smokers) with the 5th place finish.

Attachments

• Rub.jpg
    Rub.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 936
Swamp Boy's (Rub) with the ribbon for the 4th place pork in the Invitational, and to his right, Chris and Neal (Dodge County Smokers) with the 5th place finish.

That's Joey Mac's Smoke Stax (Invitational GC) in the gray shirts at the left (Joe and his father).

I thought the chick picture was execellent. I like the diagnal look actually.

Putting on the diagnol probably is agreat idea, not only does it throw any scale out of whack to compare each piece to it also is different enough to take notice. But not different enough to be disctracting. Looks good, about as good as Dammit Andy and Todd cheesing it up.

heres a few of ours.. others are still in the camera. Not sure of the specific appearance scores, but none got trashed.

invitational chicken
IMG_1137.jpg

open chx
IMG_1151.jpg

open pork
IMG_1153.jpg

That really looks good. Thanks. I am going to have to practice the parsley thing to help my appearance

Here's our first place invitational chicken. I know it does not look like much. I put the pieces in the box on a slight diagonal because they were all different sizes and I thought that might hide that a little. The pic was taken with my cell phone so the quality is not the best

royalchicken.jpg

I think the box is awesome, the chicken looks great and congrats on the win. I do think if you put this box on here and did not lable this the winner, a lot of people would have bashed it. Since you won the royal with it they are chewing on their shoes. I have seen similiar boxes on here that get replies like this, chicken on the top right is not the same color, the parsley is covering the meet - what are you trying to hide? There is a bigger gap at the front left corner of the box than the right. I'm only breaking balls, it just amazes me the different views on boxes when they have awards to back them up. Great Job on the box, looks great in my opinion, 9's across the board. Just breaking balls:lol:

I think the box is awesome, the chicken looks great and congrats on the win. I do think if you put this box on here and did not lable this the winner, a lot of people would have bashed it. Since you won the royal with it they are chewing on their shoes. I have seen similiar boxes on here that get replies like this, chicken on the top right is not the same color, the parsley is covering the meet - what are you trying to hide? There is a bigger gap at the front left corner of the box than the right. I'm only breaking balls, it just amazes me the different views on boxes when they have awards to back them up. Great Job on the box, looks great in my opinion, 9's across the board. Just breaking balls:lol:
I have siad it many times, chicken should look like chicken not perfect looking plastic puffs:rolleyes:

Here were our turn-in boxes for the Open. My wife did a nice job on them considering it was our first ever KCBS comp.

Attachments

• OPEN Turn-in boxes.doc
    253 KB · Views: 185
Back