Reheating Oktoberfest Turkey Legs

Knothead

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm cooking 100 turkey legs for Oktoberfest this Saturday, I'm thinking it would be easier to cook them on Friday and then warm them up in my pitt on Saturday. What is this best way to do this safely and without drying them out when reheating?

I have vended precooked turkey legs. To reheat we wrapped a few together in foil with some liquid. Put them on the cooker to heat up then unwrap and finish on the grill

Last edited:
I have vended precooked turkey legs. To reheat we wrapped a few together in foil with some liquid. Put them on the cooker to heat up then unwrap and finish on the grill

Those look good!

Ohmigosh, those look very delicious!

Okay, now I am in the mood to get ready for the holidays and smoke a "test turkey" or two.

Bigdog, how do I cook them half way then finish them? I don't understand

In other words, undercook them. I smoke them in the bandera for about 3 hours at 225 to finish, so 1/2 would be 1-1/2 hrs. Pull them before they start to pull back. I judge doneness of them by how much they pull back off the bone.

Sled has another good idea of spraying them and then wrapping them in foil and finish on the grill to crisp up.

The key to either way is to not overcook them so when you reheat, they will be done and not dry.

Back