BGE Mini

yelonutz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Broke out the Mini last night for some chicken thighs for the bride and I. This little guy works great and is the perfect size for the two of us. If my chicken turns out this good in comps, I'll be very happy!

NUTZ

Last edited:
Now that's a cute little guy right there!

Supper on a handful of lump. Nice job.

Gonna fire up my mini tonight or tomorrow. Gonna use it for the throwdown.

I guess they would work fine for a short cook like that. BTW, we missed you last weekend. I made sticky pickles for the potluck and they went over great as usual!

I guess they would work fine for a short cook like that. BTW, we missed you last weekend. I made sticky pickles for the potluck and they went over great as usual!

Wish I could have been there. I had to cook for a guys family reunion. Tri-tip and chicken for 75. Made some bucks and got my a## kicked by heat stroke!!
Congrats on the walk for your brisket.

NUTZ

Great looking chicken. I got one of them little mini's and I truely believe the onliest reason it hasn't been used to it's fullest potential is that I didn't get a stand with it and I just never have found a good set up for using it without fear that my trembling hands might over react and send it off the table to become the humpty dumpty never to cook again.

Great looking chicken. I got one of them little mini's and I truely believe the onliest reason it hasn't been used to it's fullest potential is that I didn't get a stand with it and I just never have found a good set up for using it without fear that my trembling hands might over react and send it off the table to become the humpty dumpty never to cook again.

I don't have a stand for it. I might build a carrier/mini nest for it. I'll PM you or post the pic here when I get home.

Someone from another forum took an old kitchen cart. Think grandma's 3 tiered metal kitchen cart on clear plastic wheels. Cut a hole in the top and the min sits perfectly on a small round stepping stone.

I heard those mini's are best when you take them to lava mode. 1000* degrees for steak searing. (or there-abouts)

I heard those mini's are best when you take them to lava mode. 1000* degrees for steak searing. (or there-abouts)

Tried that with my Medium. After replacing the gasket, I swore never again over 650. :-D

NUTZ

This is what I'm thinking of making.
eggholder1.jpg

eggholder1.jpg

This is what I'm thinking of making.

I like the looks of it. As far as burnt gaskets, they don't bother me I just keep using them and eventually the burnt gasket and goop from cooking forms a pretty good gasket that you don't have to replace. heeee

Back