• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Canadian Open $30,000 in prizes

Diva Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone going from here?

Canadian Open July 4-6th $30,000 in prizes.
Barrie, Ontario

Categories are Pork Ribs, brisket, chicken, open pork, dessert and sauce with a mix of onsite and blind judging side dishes as well.

The winner of this event also gets an invite to the Jack.

Great contest well run and lots of fun.

http://www.canadianbarbecueassociation.com

Do US teams get an auto as well? I thought it was only for Canadian? As I was checking in to all of this last year and it just never worked out for me...

Thanks Michelle.

Since I am banned from entering that country I cannot compete in this one.

sorry, it's just me i'm sure, but it seems un-American to be in another country during the 4th of july.

What on earth did you do to get banned from Canada?
Too long a story. Let me sum it up. In a a very snotty french canadian accent the border police guy told me "You are zee threat to zee Canadian zociety" before turning me around and sending me back to the US customs side. Never been back since.

Do US teams get an auto as well? I thought it was only for Canadian? As I was checking in to all of this last year and it just never worked out for me...

Thanks Michelle.

Yes US teams would get an auto invite as well.

It's 600 miles from here. With gas prices the way they are that's about 400 miles outside of my range :rolleyes:

I love the moose in the logo.

Guys, I'd pay attention to the Diva Q crew.
They are smokin' up the Canada circuit in a big way.:shock:
Beware United Staters......beware! :shock: :wink:

We will be there Diva Q. We were there last year with pork of the the north and had a great time. We are looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks.

Too long a story. Let me sum it up. In a a very snotty french canadian accent the border police guy told me "You are zee threat to zee Canadian zociety" before turning me around and sending me back to the US customs side. Never been back since.

Farkin' hilarious!!

Back