• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What Lees Summitt, MO team is this?

Not sure, Todd. I've never seen that around Lee's Summit or at a contest. Looks pretty nice though. If I had something like that (with a Spicewine mounted on back instead), I might try a solo event again!

Just went back and looked at it with my wife... Hmmm... Hey Jay, think you could build a double Spicewine on the back of this kinda trailer? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. And for catering, it would be able to be health department approved!

You could sell the Lang off the back of it, no problem.... Let the bidding begin!!!

I would imagine they have an 8,000 reserve on it or so.... Most of the cedar sided kitchen trailers I have seen are 15-30K depending on how many warming/cooling units they have, and the type of cooker ( Like an Old Hickory Pit vs. a Lang......

Jeff_in_KC said:
Not sure, Todd. I've never seen that around Lee's Summit or at a contest. Looks pretty nice though. If I had something like that (with a Spicewine mounted on back instead), I might try a solo event again!

Just went back and looked at it with my wife... Hmmm... Hey Jay, think you could build a double Spicewine on the back of this kinda trailer? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. And for catering, it would be able to be health department approved!

Jeff, you should check out the S&S trailers from Des Moines. They make a nice rig.

I can tell you it's not my subdivision out here in Lee's Summit.
Bidding is at 9,600

I am have a trailer built at S&S now. Myself and 2 BBQ friends made the trip down to the S&S shop and I believe they to are ordering trailers from S&S. they do good custom work. tell them what you want and that's what your gonna get. I went with a 24ft trailer 14ft cabin area and a 10ft covered deck where I will mount my Lang and stumps for now. The cabin will have all needed to ceritified to cater if I would choose to.

Now at contests I will have to buy 2 spots i guess as I am going to be to long for some and a few I will be ok.

scottd said:
I am have a trailer built at S&S now. Myself and 2 BBQ friends made the trip down to the S&S shop and I believe they to are ordering trailers from S&S. they do good custom work. tell them what you want and that's what your gonna get. I went with a 24ft trailer 14ft cabin area and a 10ft covered deck where I will mount my Lang and stumps for now. The cabin will have all needed to ceritified to cater if I would choose to.

Now at contests I will have to buy 2 spots i guess as I am going to be to long for some and a few I will be ok.

Got Pics? What's the cost on something like that?

Plowboy said:
Got Pics? What's the cost on something like that?

Date to pick up is jan 5th. I will post pick when it is all finished with the smokers mounted. If I would quit adding things to it I will spend somewhere in the low $14,000.00 and it will be how I want it.

scottd said:
Date to pick up is jan 5th. I will post pick when it is all finished with the smokers mounted. If I would quit adding things to it I will spend somewhere in the low $14,000.00 and it will be how I want it.

That's with or w/o cost of smokers?

Where you at in SD? I grew up in N. Sioux City.

Plowboy said:
That's with or w/o cost of smokers?

Where you at in SD? I grew up in N. Sioux City.

That is with out the cost of smoker's. counters, re frig. everything else is installed.

Huron area now, I was raised in Mitchell. still partners in a business there with my brother and sister so the roots run deep.

It is just time to expand to a trailer and stop hauling in a pickup. I decided I am doing the trailer thing once and I am doing it right the first time. I think!!!! You just never know there can be more things a guy wants. now I thinking I might want to change it to a fifth wheel type trailer. I still have time to make that change. I think I have a week yet.

Back