• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vaccum Sealer Question

I've got the Weston Pro2300. Don't waste your money on a throw-away sealer...spend the money once and get the Weston.

I have a Foodsaver V1090. I have had it for about five years, while it does not get a lot of hard use it does get used and it has worked well for me. The only time I have an issue is with meat that has a lot of juice if I do not put it in the freezer before sealing it some moisture gets on the area of the bag that the seal is and it has leaks there.

If you have a Costco nearby I would highly recommend buying a Foodsaver anything from them. Foodsavers are not a high end product but do work very well. Mine died after about 6 months. I took it back (with the receipt) and they replaced it, no questions asked. That happened again 8 months later. No problem. It may be cheaper on Amazon but a no hassle return policy is pretty darn nice.

I have a Weston 2300. I'm on my second one. The first lasted 2 years. I process a lot of meat. I raise all my own chickens and freeze them whole (well after they are plucked and eviscerated). I process hogs and goats as well. We were a little disappointed when the first unit snuffed it. We had purchased it from Cabela's and they didn't want anything to do with it since it was out of warranty. Well, we had 30 chickens ready for processing so we just sucked it up and bought another one. It's lasted 2 years so far and we have the old one for spare parts. No problems yet.

Just bought the Cabela's Pro Series vacuum sealer, done with my f'ing FoodSaver Game Saver Deluxe. Just processing 10lbs of bacon and nothing but grief.

I have a 1968 Foodsaver that I bought at a Home Show for around $300.00 buck's, still work'in and bought the 3420 model for the kid's for Xmas,, so nice bought one for me.. and love it.. can't go wrong..

Back