View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Default Pizza Extravaganza!... lotsa pr0n

I made some pies for the ongoing BBQ Pizza TD, so I thought i would post here in QTalk as well, for your viewing pleasure.

Finally found some tipo 00 flour locally, without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. So, Fri night I mixed up a batch of pizza dough (recipe from the Forno Bravo website) and let it ferment/rise in the refrigerator overnight.

Also marinated some turkey breast tenderloins in tandoori spices.

Next morning (Sat), the weather was beautiful! Perfect day for a throwdown cook. Fired up the eggs and some tunes, made a cup of coffee, and got to work.

Started by grilling the tandoori turkey on the large egg.

Put the pizza stone in the large and let it come up to temp. Meanwhile, grilled some veggies for some of the pies on the small egg.

The dough looked great after the overnight fermentation. Punched it down, let it rise again and rolled out 4 crusts. I used half the recipe from the Forno Bravo site and made four 10-11" pies.

Dressed the ladies up, and got ready to cook the pies.

Had to pause for hydration. The weather was spectacular. Like the new mod to my small egg?

Pizzas were on for 5mins, spun around 180°, parchment paper removed, then another 5mins. I noticed that the tipo 00 doesn't brown like AP flour does. The crusts did get cracker-crispy though.

First up - Pizza Margherita - Tomatao sauce, mozz pearls, tomato, basil, garlic, dressed with EVOO.

Second - grilled veggie medley - grilled veggies (poblano, yellow peppers, red peppers, green peppers, jalapenos, onions) and mushrooms.Dressed with pecorino romano cheese.Finished with ghost pepper salt which totally made this pie awesome.

Third - turkey pepperoni and grilled veggies, with red onions. Also dressed with pecorino romano and jalapeno slices. OOOPS!! ... I forgot to take a pic of this one. See below for a glimpse of a slice (top left corner).

Fourth (and last) - tandoori turkey! Also with grilled onions, peppers, and some left over ikra in the sauce from a while ago.

And a side profile pic ( sorry for the blur - farkin phone autofocus picked the wrong part of the image to focus on):

A sampler plate:

The boys cooling down after a morning of cooking.

I had a wonderful Saturday morning, sitting by my cookers, drinking a few brews, and listening to some tunes. Much better therapy than a shrink!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too! Thanks for looking.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->