uds drum score

HookedOnQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Scored my uds drum on CL today for 20.00 thought that was a pretty good deal considering it was on the way home from work so it wasn't outta the way . It is food grade and contained cooking oil it also seems to be a thicker gauge metal than most drums i have seen.. If there's anyone in the richmond,VA area that needs a drum just search uds on Richmond CL and u will find them on there

Last edited:
Same guy I got mine from. It does have the tan liner in it. Since then, I have found a source that supposedly has unlined barrels for $7.00 but I haven't personally seen them.
Just have to drive an hour and a half down 460, but it would be worth the time and gas if you had a few people that wanted one. If you give up on the liner and want to try the unlined route, let me know. I might be able to use another one.

As said above it does have the tan liner im hoping the tan is easyer to remove than the red.. Guess ill find out. I have family in and also hunt in ivor thats about a hour and a half down 460 so may not be out the way for me.. Ima give it a try getting this liner out first tho

I used a couple cans of Easy-Off Oven Cleaner, pressure washed, and then made two pretty big fires using pallets. I got "most" of the liner out. I'm one of those that lean towards the side that the liner is probably less of a carcinogen than the smoke that we use to cook with so I am comfortable with a little liner left in the drum. If you picked up the drum on the way home from work, you either live or work pretty close to me. Let me know if you need any help or just want to take a look at how I made mine.

Ima give it a good burn or two than take the wire wheel on the grinder to it should be good to go after that.. Toney i work in colonial heights live in chesterfield sounds like ur not too far from me .

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

i'm pretty sure i got my drum from the same guy. i actually suggested he change his CL post to mention the UDS, and he did. the liner in them isn't too hard to get rid of, nothing like the red liner.

i'm pretty sure i got my drum from the same guy. i actually suggested he change his CL post to mention the UDS, and he did. the liner in them isn't too hard to get rid of, nothing like the red liner.

It may be the same guy. He said he had guys coming all the way from va beach and fredricksburg to get barrels for a uds. Kinda suprised me to here that u would think u could pick something up closer to home

If your in the norfolk area there is a guy that sandblasts the drums and burns the liner out at 1500 degrees for $42. The extra saves a ton of time.

Bock Drum Company, Inc.
2610 Florida Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23513

Tel: 757-855-0549

If your in the norfolk area there is a guy that sandblasts the drums and burns the liner out at 1500 degrees for $42. The extra saves a ton of time.

Bock Drum Company, Inc.
2610 Florida Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23513

Tel: 757-855-0549

That would almost be worth the time to drive down from Nova.

Come to think if it I hav e a coworker that lives down there and commutes up here during the week. Wonder if a 55 gal drum will fit in the trunk of a Honda accord.

That would almost be worth the time to drive down from Nova.

Come to think if it I hav e a coworker that lives down there and commutes up here during the week. Wonder if a 55 gal drum will fit in the trunk of a Honda accord.

not sure where in nova you are, but i live in Maryland and i got a guy i get them from for $20 a barrel. let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Back