• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib trimming stew

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Trimmings from three racks have been taking up space in my freezer for too long. So I thawed, rubbed and smoked them for a couple of hours before adding them to a foil pan with whole onions, thawed charred hatch chiles, mirapoix and cubed potatoes. I built a braising liquid from drippings, acv, aj, fish sauce, coffee, and diced tomatoes Italiante.

Output_01.jpg

Output_05.jpg

Output_06.jpg

Output_07.jpg

Output_10.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Most hittable sir! :clap2:

I made some chili with rib trimmings and some brisket I'd put back a while ago. Delicious!

That look amazing. I've been thinking of using up some of the trimmings I have out in the freezer. That gives me some ideas. :grin:

Looks delicious!! Wish I had a bowl right now. :-D

Thanks. I took notes on this cook. Something I don't ordinarily do. Glad I did. Pretty darn tasty. I've got a bowl in the fridge and three vacu-sucked and in the freezer. We'll see how the potatoes and carrots hold up to freezing.

Hot diggity, that looks good. I got a bunch of rib trimmings in the freezer now that I think about it. :thumb:

Every time I try and do something with rib trimmings, the mean ends up being tough and hard to separate from the bone shards. I guess I am doing something wrong :tsk::tsk:

Every time I try and do something with rib trimmings, the mean ends up being tough and hard to separate from the bone shards. I guess I am doing something wrong :tsk::tsk:

I kept them bunched together for the initial smoke so they had some mass and I only cooked them for a couple of hours before panning. That helped keep them from drying out. With the braise finish they were moist and tasty.

Another group of pictures that make me salivate. I have to avoid the rib roast pictures as well.

Back