• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

FEC100 or FEC120

Willie G

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm getting really close to a purchase and I am torn between the FEC100 and the 120. I am hoping that there is someone here that has worked both that would honestly weigh in and guide me in the right direction.:decision:

How are you going to use it?
Commercial or residential?
Inside or outside?

TIM

100 all day long. The 120 is still new and from what I've seen from a friends, they are still working out some of the issues. As an FYI, his works great but he had about a month of frustration to get to that point.

How are you going to use it?
Commercial or residential?
Inside or outside?

TIM

I will use it for both if that makes sense. I do allot of smoking for friends from the house. I will keep it in my garage but roll it out to use. My concern with the 100 was that there fire pot is in the chamber with the meat. The 120 seems to function very similar to the larger models. I have a used 500, but I want something smaller, im not always loading 4 cases of butts. I plan on using it for competitions as well.

100 all day long. The 120 is still new and from what I've seen from a friends, they are still working out some of the issues. As an FYI, his works great but he had about a month of frustration to get to that point.

I am really concerned with the exhaust on the 120, since i will be using it outside.....and I havn't seen a cover for the 120 either. I understand what you are saying the 100 has been around for awhile, so all the bugs are worked out of it.

Smokin Jim in Canada is selling his fec100

Back