Mulberry roll call?

B

bbqman1

Who's going to the Mulberry Fla. contest? last year it was hot ,sticky, and the mosquito's were bigger than the birds. Don't forget to bring your OFF!

I'm going to head over Saturday - as with most events they'll probably need an add-on judge or table captain.

We did Mulberry last year, too. Considering that most of the volunteers had just gotten their electricity back on Friday they did a great job. You are right though, the skeeters will get ya. The fire ants were a challenge, too. :razz:

Have you heard whether Clayton is going to make it? I haven't seen him since Sebring.

Good luck to all the Bro's that'll be at Mulberry, FL, this weekend in the FBA event.

It should be a good cookoff - and we're not dodging hurricanes this year!

I just got back from Mulberry - other than a little rain it was a good cook off. Good crowd of people and great support from the City, the American Legion Post/hosts, and the sponsors.

Thirty-three pro and ten backyard teams and a bunch of "kid's cook" teams - they get to keep the Brinkmann bullets!!

Good food, overall. I got some new ideas on box presentation.

I didn't stick around for awards since we're having people over tonight and doing gumbo!

Got to say hello to Tim (Cosmic..., Jimmy (Smokin' Cracker, Kevin & Clara (HomeBBQ) and saw Mike but didn't get to speak - he was busy!

Kevin's site looked weird without the Lang 84 but he's loving his FEC100!! He's got a new trailer with awning - definately looking GOOD!

I'll be looking for scores, just like everyone else!!

Congrats to Kevin and Home BBQ for his RG finish, Woodhouse for 3rd overall and our own Smokin' Cracker for 10th overall! That's gettin' Er Done right!

Here are the Mulberry results from the FBA site:

Grand Champion - Kick the Tire, Light the Fire - 732.34997
Reserve Champion - HomeBBQ.com - 730.43332

[Overall]
3. Woodhouse Grill - 730.14999
4. Swamp Boys - 728.76669
5. Swamp Water Boys - 725.19999
6. Billy T Foods - 723.68338
7. Gourmet Rednecks - 721.33333
8. Smokin Butts - 717.80001
9. Prime Time Smokers - 717.40003
10. Smokin' Craker BBQ - 717.18332

Chicken
1. Swamp Water Boys
2. Gourmet Rednecks
3. Swamp Boys
4. Kick the Tire, Light the Fire
5. HomeBBQ.com
6. Smokin Butts
7. Woodhouse Grill
8. Billy T Foods
9. Smokin' Craker BBQ
10. Seriously Smokin'

Ribs
1. Squeals on Wheels
2. Kick the Tire, Light the Fire
3. Swamp Boys
4. Smokin Butts
5. Cosmic Cookin'
6. HomeBBQ.com
7. The Boca Boys
8. Junkyard Dogs
9. Woodhouse Grill
10. Barbecue Crew

Pork
1. Woodhouse Grill
2. HomeBBQ.com
3. Smokin Butts
4. Billy T Foods
5. Kick the Tire, Light the Fire
6. Swamp Boys
7. Kathleen Road Kill
8. Gourmet Rednecks
9. Smokin Craker BBQ
10. Swamp Water Boys

Brisket
1. Junkyard Dogs
2. Big Daddy's Butt Rub
3. Prime Time Smokers
4. Billy T Foods
5. Swamp Water Boys
6. Backwoods Boys BBQ Team
7. Kick the Tire, Light the Fire
8. Smoke & Spice
9. Smokin Craker BBQ
10. Swamp Boys

Lots of "walkin' " by Mike, Kevin, Tim, and Jimmy
icon_lol.gif

Great Job Guys!

TIM

Congrats to the Bretheren - Kevin, Jimmy, Mike, and Tim for walking and overall good showings at this cookoff.

I ate some good que at my table - don't know if it was any of yours but the compeition level was high!

Back