BBQ Pizza Sauce(Warning No Pics)

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Once a year, a friend of mine takes a Saturday to make homemade pizzas for one of the LSU games. Well last week was the week. I called him up before heading over and asked if he wanted to make a pulled pork pizza. He went for it so I brought him about a pound of pulled pork. They didn't want to use regular pizza sauce so they asked me to doctor up some K.C. Masterpiece.

I put it in a pot and started adding cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, among other things. It was good, but not not really what anyone had in mind. So then I got the idea to mix it with his red pizza sauce. I mixed them somewhere around 50/50 andadded more red pepper flakes. After a few minutes of simmering the best word I can use for it is WOW!!! And it was even better on the pizza with the shreeded pork and cheese. I really wish I had pics but it was an unplanned cook.

I will put up a recipe as soon as I'm done reverse engineering what went into it. But for anybody who likes making BBQ pizza I highly recommend mixing the traditional italian sauce with the traditional BBQ sauce.

I've used a mix of pizza sauce and BBQ sauce for pulled pork pizzas and bbq chicken pizza before with good results.

Back