Phubar's Leg of Lamb Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This piece of meat is always staring at me when I'm at my Turkish butcher.
I thought I'd give it a try.

I marinated it for 3 hours in a mix of:garlic paste,soya based marinade,red marinade,Lea&Perrins,lemon juice,chardonnay,mint,rosemary,red pepper,salt,pepper.

The chicken legs were soaked for 2 hours in a mix of:lime juice,chardonnay,Lawry's seasoned salt,sugar.
After that I dried them and rubbed them with Phoil Hat rub.

I smoked them at 300-325F and pulled the lamb at 140F.

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

Looking Good. How did it taste? I have a boneless leg of lamb I'm doing today. Will post pics of the finished product.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM.... looks goog Phu..... Did you like it?

Looking Good. How did it taste? I have a boneless leg of lamb I'm doing today. Will post pics of the finished product.

It was very nice especially with the marinade.
It's the Phirst time that I ate leg of lamb so I don't have anything to compare it with (like the mussels from a few days ago)...it tasted a bit sheep-ish.:becky:

Phu not sure what you meant by it tasted sheepish or if you were just fooling around. A friend of mine eats a lot of deer meat. He told me that some times they will soak it in milk to kill the game taste of it. I have also heard of this being done with fish. Not sure if this is true or what but maybe something to consider. Maybe someone with some insite will comment on this. Vince

Phu not sure what you meant by it tasted sheepish or if you were just fooling around. A friend of mine eats a lot of deer meat. He told me that some times they will soak it in milk to kill the game taste of it. I have also heard of this being done with fish. Not sure if this is true or what but maybe something to consider. Maybe someone with some insite will comment on this. Vince

Nope,I was not Phooling around...I think it tasted a bit like sheep but it hadn't had that strong flavour what sheep carries.
Never heard of the milk procedure before though...

Nice work Phube, I'd give you another ALF for that, but.....

Ahhh, I got no buts.......

Ta Daaaaaa!
ALFTickofApproval.gif

Congratulations Phube, you are now the SECOND Multiple ALF Award winner!

I really like the combo of ingredients you used on the lamb too, and it seems to be cooked just right.

Thanks for advancing the cause!

Cheers!

Bill

Back