Brisket - 2nd attempt with pron

Professor

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This all started at Saturday afternoon when I rubbed the brisket with Montreal and a little Worcestershire. I got the pit going this morning at 3:45 AM and had the brisket on by 4:30. I used only pecan wood for this smoke. This is what it looked like at 8:30.
moz-screenshot.png
IMG_1995.JPG

At 8 hours it was looking good - I cooked it fat side up (thought that was the way to go):
moz-screenshot-1.png

IMG_1997.JPG

I waited maybe a little too long before wrapping it in foil (~10 hours) perhaps if I cooked it fat side down it won't have been this dark. I took it off the heat when it got to 200 (total of about 13 hours) and let it rest for 2 hours.

IMG_1998.JPG

Here is the finished brisket! It tasted great and was quite tender.
IMG_2000.JPG

We had homemade potato salad (should have taken a pic - but it's all gone now) corn and a zucchini bake. My 9 year old baked a vanilla cloud cake with lemon curd filling. Quite nice!

IMG_2001.JPG

Last edited:
A nine year old cooked that cake? Wow! That kid can bake.

Oh, your brisket is nice too. I find that a dark brisket is not a bad thing, so little bark to meat ratio, as long as it is bark and not charcoal. It looks good to me quite frankly.

I am a witness! I was at the dinner table when the good Professor King served up this beautiful Beev. It was as close to a perfect brisket as a guy could want. Great flavor, tender, moist.....Great dinner! Brisket, Zucchini bake, cream corn, potato salad,and water melon. Dos XX beer and a single malt Scotch after dinner! Good Times!!

Hats off to the little baker she has some made skills indeed.
Hay and that brisky isn’t too shabby either it be lookin’ good.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Still got lots of learned to do! Stay cool and keep smokin!

Back