If you had to choose just 1.....

For whatever reason you can only have 1 smoker.....

• Offset Cooker(stick burner)

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Round Cooker(wsm, uds, pbc)

Votes: 73 72.3%
  • I cook everything in the crockpot....

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
From the list my choice is barrel type, because of its ease of use, cranks out good food, doesn't really care what the is doing.

But if I could only have one cooker it would be a 22.5 weber kettle for all the obvious reasons. I'm not sure that there's anything that can't be done on one?

It doesn't have to be 1 smoker ... i almost get tired of hearing which (one) How about which two or which 3?

The 3 smokers i use the most cost me about $500 total...if they were commercial made they wouldn't be as good, versatile and cost a ton more. You can do more and better with 2 smaller ones then with 1 big one.

I would say an offset, they are more my comfort zone. I would definitely like a well built one cause these days I'm more of a lover not a fighter

I agree with Keith. I love my UDS but my MES is my go to guy for set it and forget it.

I voted for UDS thou.

Your proposition is you can only have one "smoker" so I vote for a high quality offset, preferably a reverse flow. Then, I would get a 26.75 OGT and jusify it (if necessary) under the logic that you gotta have a grill too:becky:

None of the above.

If I could only own one cooker, it would be a Weber 22.5 OTG. Why? Versatility. I can cook soooo many different foods on one. Direct. Indirect. Low and Slow. Hot and fast. Rotisserie.

It is the Swiss Army Knife of charcoal/wood cookers, IMO.

CD
I assumed that the kettle would be covered with the round cookers. I also assumed the OP was specifically addressing smokers and that we would be allowed additional cookers, so I voted for the WSM. Had he stated one cooker period, it would have to be a kettle for the reasons you describe. But it would be a 26. :biggrin1: Or a Ranch. :becky:

I assumed that the kettle would be covered with the round cookers. I also assumed the OP was specifically addressing smokers and that we would be allowed additional cookers, so I voted for the WSM. Had he stated one cooker period, it would have to be a kettle for the reasons you describe. But it would be a 26. :biggrin1: Or a Ranch. :becky:
Looked like he was steping up from a crockpot to me.

I am a simple man. 22 1/2 inch Weber kettle, bag o' Kingsford Blue, some cured apple wood, and whatever meat is on sale. Put on some Neil Young and pass me a Grain Belt Premium beer and I will have a big smile on my face.

Back