Please read If you are Comming to the Banquet!

bcis93

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
On behalf of the Tennessee KCBS members, I would like to welcome all of our BBQ Brothers and Sisters to Nashville for the KCBS Awards Banquet. We are honored to have you visit Nashville and we want to do all we can to make your visit an exciting and memorable one.
I know there are some activities scheduled for Friday afternoon and evening but for those who won’t be participating in the CBJ or Board Meeting we would like to invite you to a un-official “Meet and Greet” or as we call it in Nashville a “Holler and Swoller” at the Nashville Palace from 3 PM till ??? The Nashville Palace is a famous Nashville Honky Tonk where Randy Travis and many others got their start. It is located at 2611 Mcgavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214 (615) 884-3004 which is about five miles from the Music City Sheraton. They have a great bar and live music starting at 5 PM. It would be a great place to start off the evening if you have plans for later or you can hang out for the rest of the evening. There is a full service bar and kitchen.
The main attraction is having a great place to socialize and get to know each other. Please join Gary and Roxie of Governor’s BBQ, Rob and Ben of Ulika, Dan and Jen of Long Dawgs Blue Smoke, Lou and Buck of High on the Hawg, Joe and Voncil of Smokey Mountain Smokers, Barry of Swiggin Pig, Bobbie and Lee of Music City Pig Pals, and Richard, Gary, and Billy of DoRagQ for an adult beverage and some BBQ Talk. We hope you can make it. If you need more information or directions call DoRag (Billy) at 615-642-9404 or Dan at 615-477-4872.

Thanks, Billy. Audrey and I won't be rolling in until Saturday morning.

Where's a good local place for us to grab lunch on Sat and breakfast on Sunday? We aren't leaving until Sunday afternoon.

Sorry you can't make it. Be sure to look me up at the banquet. I will have a DoRag on!

Monell's in Gearmantown
Saturday and Sunday Country Breakfast:
Smoked Sausage, Bacon, Country Ham, Biscuits and Gravy, Fried Apples, Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Hashbrowns, Cheese Grits, Skillet Fried Chicken, Corn Pudding, Juice and Coffee Sat 8AM-1PM, Sunday 8AM to 11 AM.

Family style Southern Breakfast, I highly recommend it. They even have fried chicken at breakfast. Maybe 20-25 minutes from the hotel.
http://monellsdining.ypguides.net/

Lunch is wide open....The Loveless Cafe is good but a long drive and you will need reservations. Good southern cookin. I guess 45+ munites from hotel.
http://www.lovelesscafe.com/

if you like southern fried catfish I would recommend Cock of the Walk or the Caney Fork Fish Camp both are 5 minutes from the hotel. (I like Cock of the Walk better)

Please jot down my number 615-642-9404 I will be glad to help in any way. Be safe & see you soon!

We won't have a car, so close to the hotel is good.

Ok, let me re-think or you can borrow my Harley! Let me see what I can come up with. BTW, how many are comming with you?

I've seen the Biscuit Lady before. Loveless would be awesome, but too far. Cock of the Walk looks like our kind of food. Cock of the Walk it is!!

Ok, let me re-think or you can borrow my Harley! Let me see what I can come up with. BTW, how many are comming with you?

Just Audrey and I.

Probably going to do the Country Music Hall of Fame in the afternoon Saturday, unless other suggestions.

Not a problem. We will make some arrangments. I have a car, a semi-valid license, and work cheap. What time do you arrive Saturday?

We will work something out. I will get back with you be the weekend. Get ready to have a good time! See you soon!

I could not imagine missing the Board of Directors meeting Friday evening at 7:00 p.m.

If you desire to talk at the meeting you must register with KCBS by providing your name, address, e-mail, your member number if you know it and the agenda item or general comment you wish to address.

Hope to see everyone this weekend
Yours in Que
Merl

My plain lands around noon on friday. this sounds kind of fun.

My plain lands around noon on friday. this sounds kind of fun.

What you gonna talk about at the board meeting? :biggrin: Geographic representation in South Dakota?

All committees are to report by 7:00 tonight, except for those who have no report.

the agenda will be posted on the kcbs website Wednesday evening.
I don't know what all will be on the agenda, but I sure it will be interesting.
Merl

On behalf of the Tennessee KCBS members, I would like to welcome all of our BBQ Brothers and Sisters to Nashville for the KCBS Awards Banquet. We are honored to have you visit Nashville and we want to do all we can to make your visit an exciting and memorable one.
I know there are some activities scheduled for Friday afternoon and evening but for those who won’t be participating in the CBJ or Board Meeting we would like to invite you to a un-official “Meet and Greet” or as we call it in Nashville a “Holler and Swoller” at the Nashville Palace from 3 PM till ??? The Nashville Palace is a famous Nashville Honky Tonk where Randy Travis and many others got their start. It is located at 2611 Mcgavock Pike Nashville, TN 37214 (615) 884-3004 which is about five miles from the Music City Sheraton. They have a great bar and live music starting at 5 PM. It would be a great place to start off the evening if you have plans for later or you can hang out for the rest of the evening. There is a full service bar and kitchen.
The main attraction is having a great place to socialize and get to know each other. Please join Gary and Roxie of Governor’s BBQ, Rob and Ben of Ulika, Dan and Jen of Long Dawgs Blue Smoke, Lou and Buck of High on the Hawg, Joe and Voncil of Smokey Mountain Smokers, Barry of Swiggin Pig, Bobbie and Lee of Music City Pig Pals, and Richard, Gary, and Billy of DoRagQ for an adult beverage and some BBQ Talk. We hope you can make it. If you need more information or directions call DoRag (Billy) at 615-642-9404 or Dan at 615-477-4872.

Guess I won't be able to make it Brother but have a swoller and give a holler for me! Sounds like a blast. Thanks to you and Dan for all your efforts.

Todd we should have all 3 of us from South Dakota there so it will be a good showing!!

Todd we should have all 3 of us from South Dakota there so it will be a good showing!!

3? SD is the new hot bed of BBQ. You'll have as many contests next year as competitors.

3? SD is the new hot bed of BBQ. You'll have as many contests next year as competitors.

See we will have a good showing. I just know of 3 of us there could be more. at times we South Dakota people just show up it's a Hill thing!!!:shock:

Back