Thread: Wedding cook
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
cazzy
Full Fledged Farker

My day

The scenery looked pretty cool at 6am, so I took my camera to the dock and snapped a few pics.

I didn't have time to get close up pron shots because I was too busy. That's because I decided it was easier to carve everything myself instead of trying to teach someone the way I wanted it done. lol I tried to get my uncle to pull the pork, then just did it myself. Which was good, because I didn't pull the money muscle as it wasn't pull worthy.

The Boston Butt and Brisket

Here is the spread.

In the middle of my controlled CHAOS, I felt bad that nobody was really taking photos of the ceremony. So, I ran down to the pergola and snapped some pics for them. Here a couple of pics of me wearing my "i'm pretending to be a photographer hat".

After everything was done and I pulled the last bird off the egg, my adrenaline left and my feet started feeling like death. Lol

Overall, everything went over well. I expected more from the brisket, but it wasn't bad, just not up to my standards. The chicken was awesome and the pulled pork was the bomb. The biggest challenge was using a unfamiliar grill for the chicken. I set it up like this:

I have to say, I did a pretty kick butt job on the chicken with a unproven rifle. The chicken was pouring juice and proves that the Thermapen is a powerful tool. Fun day! My feet finally feel normal again and the eggs are loaded back in the Explorer. Driving back to my in-laws house in Beeville tonight and tomorrow I'm going to cook 15 New York Strips for Mother's Day lunch!
cazzy is offline   Reply With Quote