Collecting briqs

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok I consider myself a bit of a lump snob.

But now I have an interest in a good natural briq for my coal base in my offset since the lump burns pretty fast...

Yesterday, I bought my first bag of Stubbs, thought I would give it a try this weekend

Then today I go to Trader Joes after work to pick up some fish for the grill for dinner, what do I see???

A brand new pallet of their own briqs, which I have never tried either, the Trader Joes is brand new in my area.

So a bag of that jumped in my shopping cart too

Oh then I stopped at Gordons Foods and picked up a nice little brisket, the briqs will need someone to play with this weekend

:wink:

Nice! I've heard good things about the TJ brand briqs. Never actually used them though...

I'm a Stubbs guy myself so I'm biased towards those. I think you'll like 'em. :thumb:

i use Kbb or Ozark oak in my stickburner... but the charcoals are long gone before i do any cooking.. i use about a 4th of a bag to get her warmed up then straight logs..

the trader joe stuff is made by rancher . was always thought of highly. can't go wrong with it.

i use Kbb or Ozark oak in my stickburner... but the charcoals are long gone before i do any cooking.. i use about a 4th of a bag to get her warmed up then straight logs..

LOL I have an idea

how about I put my cooker inside yours so when you heat yours up mine will be hot too?

It would fit inside real nice

the Stubbs worked fine on tonight's dinny. Kind of strange, no smell from it like KBB

Last edited:
That's why I use natural briqs.

If you have a DoIt Best hardware store nearby, you can order 40 lb bags of Royal Oak Chefs Select natural briqs and ship to store for free. Great charcoal.

thanks. I will keep that in mind for a back up. as of now, Stubbs and Trader Joes is easy for me to get.

In STL Trader Joe brix from Rancher are about the only 100% natural brix that are normally priced less than 50 cents per pound, which is real nice :grin:

Back