Brethren Help

N

n-2-que

Wifes parent's having there 50th anniversary and brisket bill is asked to BBQ. so i need some help with quantities of precooked food. food listing i am asked to make is

Ribs- prob BB

Chicken- whole chickens and also sidenote of quantity if we changed to just thighs and legs

Brisket-

Pork Shoulder-

sasauge-just like hillshire farm

this is for 100 people

ANY help would be appreciated i have no clue. i am talking them into serving the meats to actually do portions.

Pulled Pork10.2lbsSliced Brisket + Burnt Ends13.0lbsBurnt Ends Only (Point off the Packer)49.8lbsSliced Brisket Only (Flat off the Packer)21.7lbsSliced Brisket Only (Un-trimmed Flat)10.0lbsChopped Brisket (Chuck Roll)10.6lbsChopped Brisket (Entire Packer)13.0lbs------------- Extra Meat ---------------10.6lbsSpare Ribs25slabsQuarts of Baked Beans13quartsPounds of Cole Slaw25.0lbsPounds of Potato Salad27.8lbs------------- Extra Side ---------------13quartsHamburger Buns9.416-packsPints of BBQ Sauce8pints

You have been asked to do all of that for 100 people???? Wow that is a lot of meat.

We usually go 1/4 pound per person of each meat if we are doing more than one meat. Sides about the the same.

Ribs I would do 2 bones per and then do enough for everybody to get 2 bones. Once they see ribs they will plow through them like nobodies business.

Chicken do hind quarters and your guests can split them if they want.

Sausage one per guest.

Bill this is tough as I have seen guests load up on one of each meat served and then the host get ticked off because you the cook didn't prepare enough food. We have started telling our clients that people will load up on the BBQ'd meat and you need to plan on one portion of each meat per person or you run the risk of running out. We further tell them that the left overs do freeze well. It is hard to tell what they will all want to eat, but given a choice they will want to try it all. Almost impossible to do 30 pieces of chicken, 40 pieces of sausage 25 pounds of pork ect and have all the guests happy.

Just my 2 cents.

Brisket Bill - Those are a lot of choices for 100 people.:shock: See if you can at least limit it to three meats.

Pretty tough to figure on how much to serve of each item. Here are my questions to you:

For a 50th Anniversary, how about focusing all the expense of five meats into doing a nice rib roast?

Are you planning to have enough food of each meat to serve everyone? i.e. 100 people choose to only eat ribs.:shock:

Will the pork be pulled or sliced? (4 ounces per person cooked or 41 lbs of raw meat)

Just cook quarter chickens. Less prep and you won't be stuck with a bunch of wings. (1 piece per person)

Ribs (3-4 BB ribs per person or a minimum of 30 slabs) (spares 2 ribs each)

Brisket (6 ounces per person cooked or 62 lbs of raw meat)

Sausage (1-2 per person)

Sorry I couln't help much more. Good luck.

On edit: I have the same spreadsheet Big Brother Smoke linked. SoEazzy created that and it works great.

Well the worst part is wifes mom and dad loves all our meats so the children of the family want to do all the meats for them and everyone else.

I have already talked to some of the family and there are 6 people volunteering to help serve the food as i have told them portion sizes and how the men of the family will scarf all the ribs and brisket. yadda yadda yadda

So far none of the meats are set in stone. actually trying to talk them out of most of it LOL. if we did pork it will be pulled for sammies. brisket will be sliced, chicken would be easier quarters. we will have roughly 10 people to help with prep and all of this.

I myself was thinking 2 bones a person. Just i haven't cooked for this amount of people. on side note we will have other sides we are doing grilled sweet corn on the cob, potatoe salad and cole slaw.

Back