Weber Kettle, low-n-slow, let's see your setup

Good ideas and thanks for the pictures. Im going to try my first smoke thjs weekend.

Simple.
chickenpicture0011024.jpg

Bob
That's me too. If ya foil that drip pan you can 4 or 5 runs out of it...

VR,
Harold

[/IMG]

This is Pork Loin with Corn Cob and Potatoes in foil. This was the most tender and juicy meat I have had or cooked.

Last edited:
I'm new to Weber kettle smoking and have done a few 4 hour cooks on ribs and a 6 hour cook on a small butt, and I am definitely a 2X2 snake kinda guy.

Just seems to keep temps the most consistent and I've yet to have to load more coal.

I'm sure the setups here are effective and I know the experience outweighs mine, but if it a aint broke, don't fix it.

Bricks divide. You can go hot indirect

Low and slow

Hot sear

All at the same time

It's a most versatile, dynamic setup.

I'm so glad that this thread popped back up. I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out a setup that works on my kettle. Thread bookmarked and now I have all sorts of tasty experiments to try!

Ninja you need to give the ring of fire a go. It will change the way you do pork butts/briskets on the kettle.
The ring of fire limits the size of the meat you can cook,
Butt_zps283c9d9c.jpg

unless you choose to open the lid to adjust the cooking grate periodically. I use an expanded metal ring sometimes to hold the coals closer to the sides
firering.jpg

but for ribs
chefrsquossnack_zps0f7682dd.jpg

and spatchcocked chicken, a couple of bricks to hold the coals to one side
Brickcoals.jpg

works better for me.

Any techniques out there to do LnS on the kettle but be able to use the entire rack for food?

im a noob and have been using either bank or snake method and have it down for the most part. Now I just wish I had more room to cook on. I can fit 2 racks of St.L ribs barely, would love to fit 3 or 4 though.

This is a couple 8 pound butts on my 26". I use the smokenator with out the water pan. I dont add water pans when smoking in my weber. I trim fat caps for more bark.
IMG_0697.jpg

Any techniques out there to do LnS on the kettle but be able to use the entire rack for food?

im a noob and have been using either bank or snake method and have it down for the most part. Now I just wish I had more room to cook on. I can fit 2 racks of St.L ribs barely, would love to fit 3 or 4 though.
rib rack

Back