Hi all from the south coast of the UK

Craigy

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Craig from the south coast of UK, starting out smoking and looking forward to getting some great advise on here.

I have an OK Joe Highland smoker which I've modified to (hopefully) make it usable and I've done a few runs with differing results. I reckon I've got the hang of the fire this time as I'm currently smoking some ribs while I write this, much better blue smoke coming out of the chimney, much less white smoke which I kept getting before.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Cheers for the welcome guys, the ribs turned out a lot better but still not what I was looking for, guess I’ll just have to try again, and again, and again........ it’s all good:)
I changed the fire this time and I think that was better (blue smoke throughout) but kept the same rub. I’m now thinking I’ll try Changing the rub (I used no sugar as I’m not too keen on sweet), so I might put half the sugar the recipe recommended (I’m not good at following recipes) and keep the spices similar. It’ll still take 6 hours and a growler of beer so not a problem!

You've got the basics down Craigy..smoke and beer..welcome

Welcome aboard Craig, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back