• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ribs for the winter

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My inlaws asked if I would do some ribs for them next time I cook, so they can freeze them and eat in the winter. They still have a few months to go, but I was wondering about glazing ribs that are going to be vac sealed and frozen. Is it even worth doing? I'm wondering if it's going to be more of a mess than it's worth, or if they glaze (or sauce) will simply overwhelm the ribs over time. Any thoughts? thanks!

Vac sealing stuff you freeze is def. the way to go. Alot of sauces and stuff never taste the same after freezing. My thought to get best product in the end would be to just smoke them dry. I would even skip the seasoning and stuff. Then when they eat them later they can season and/or sauce them when they reheat. This stuff being fresh will help with the flavor of the reheated product. JMO

I have vac sealed smoked/sauced ribs then reheated many months later and they came out great. Not as good as freshly cooked of course.

I have vac sealed smoked/sauced ribs then reheated many months later and they came out great. Not as good as freshly cooked of course.

+ 1

But most people can't tell the difference. Therefore the Famous D`s in town stays open. :doh:

When we do this, I just do a light coating of sauce so they are almost dry. Then when reheating, I take them out of the bag, wrap in foil and warm up at 275f. Then take out of foil, sauce and put back in 350f oven to finish.

It works. Not the same, but it works.

Back