Smokemaster Offset

orangeblood

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know what became of the outfit from Austin, Texas name Smokemaster? They built high quality 100% welded offset stick burners out 1/4 steel. I think they went out of business sometime between 2001 and 2003. I'd like to contact them about spare parts for a unit I bought from them in the mid 90s.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great site and forum.

thanks west tex - is that your rig on the BBQ pit gallery? I saw the smokemaster sign on the firebox and was hoping that who ever owned that rig would see my post.​

I couldnt be happier with mine. Tejas doesnt come close to the quality of Smokemaster (just my opinion).​

I am looking for a new firebox door with a little more precise intake venting. I thought Smokemaster made the units after mine with a different design.

The suggestion to talk w/Klose is a good one, I'll be in Houston in the Fall.

Thanks for the feedback.

West Tex - looks like your unit has the same intake vent control as mine. How old is yours?

Yes, probably so and I will be curious as to how you do in your search, sounds like a good upgrade/idea/mod.
I got mine second hand from an esteemed Brethren here on LI and figure he had it for 3 or 4 years before that. I have inquired as to the actual dates and will let you know.

Yes, probably so and I will be curious as to how you do in your search, sounds like a good upgrade/idea/mod.
I got mine second hand from an esteemed Brethren here on LI and figure he had it for 3 or 4 years before that. I have inquired as to the actual dates and will let you know.
"Our" smokemaster was born in 2002:biggrin:

Back