Cheating at a Contest

Have you ever cheated, knowingly, at a contest and got by with it?

• YES

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • NO

Votes: 163 99.4%

• Total voters
Why cheat? These contests are a measure of our ability to produce quality turn-ins versus the other teams. If one were to cheat it isn't a true measurement of your ability. I pity those who attempt to cheat. Why would someone take such a chance to jepordize their teams integrity. If someone needs to cheat to win they are missing the concept of why we participate in these events in the first place.

Why cheat? These contests are a measure of our ability to produce quality turn-ins versus the other teams. If one were to cheat it isn't a true measurement of your ability. I pity those who attempt to cheat. Why would someone take such a chance to jepordize their teams integrity. If someone needs to cheat to win they are missing the concept of why we participate in these events in the first place.
well put!

I would be very surprised if we saw any yes votes for 2 reasons.
1) The quality of the people here.
2) Most cheaters are also lier's too. The prisons are full of Innocent people. Just ask them (not that I would know anything about this). I learned that from watching Shaw-shank Redemption.

I cannot even imagine thinking about cheating at a comp.

While I am sure I have inadvertently broken a rule like not having the fire extinguisher out or not having the bleach in the water, I would never cheat at a comp.

I don't think that you'll yes votes or I should say, I hope we don't. Like Bigdog said, "The quality of people here"

Anyway, there is no need to cheat. Just do the best you can and let the reps take it from there.
The only people that could cheat are the people inputing the data from the score sheets. Think about that one.:icon_shy

Ok I have to come clean. We did cook a contest without getting our meat inspected one time. It was not intentional and by the time we realized it we had already rubbed the meat. We did bring the meat to the contest raw and untreated. It wasn't what i would call cheating but I suppose it was against the rules. :oops:

Seriously, what can be gained by cheating. Can you really turn out a better product by cheating? I might want to cheat at home.

I did use a microwave at a contest once to cook my brisket. It was a little tough and it was bad news when I wrapped it in foil. I don't think I'll do it again.

Cheers,

Nate

Ok I have to come clean. We did cook a contest without getting our meat inspected one time. It was not intentional and by the time we realized it we had already rubbed the meat. We did bring the meat to the contest raw and untreated. It wasn't what i would call cheating but I suppose it was against the rules. :oops:

That is probably my biggest fear of competing. To start working on my meat before you are inspected... And having a not so sympathetic rep...

Is Shigging cheating? I am seeing more and more teams Shigging. While it's not cheating the KCBS rules, why even try and obtain secrets from other teams without their permission?:icon_pissed

Seriously, what can be gained by cheating. Can you really turn out a better product by cheating? I might want to cheat at home.

I did use a microwave at a contest once to cook my brisket. It was a little tough and it was bad news when I wrapped it in foil. I don't think I'll do it again.

Cheers,

Nate

If you cooked your brisket in a microwave and turned it in, you cheated. If it turned out good and won the brisket catagory, would you in good conscience accept the award?

If you cooked your brisket in a microwave and turned it in, you cheated. If it turned out good and won the brisket catagory, would you in good conscience accept the award?

Having seen Nate's setup, I think he's probably kidding. He does bring have an air conditioner though for when it's hot as hell in August and I definitely think that's cheating!

Is Shigging cheating? I am seeing more and more teams Shigging. While it's not cheating the KCBS rules, why even try and obtain secrets from other teams without their permission?:icon_pissed

Shigging?

The most integrity I have ever seen in a cooker is our own Poobah. At last years New Highland Ribfest, Jorge gave some sausage to Poobah for the sausage catagory. Poobah had no idea it was pre-smoked but as soon as he discovered it was pre-smoked he disqualified himself. I will always admire Phil for that.

um.. guy...

Brewmaster was just bustin chops. :wink:

and.. ok.. WTF is Shigging? (stealing secrets?)

to answer the question though. I never did it intentionally, and I know for sure if I discovered later i did something wrong and won, the victory is tainted and meaningless, and if I did not win, i got what i deserved.

Actually I was kidding.

It was my pork.

Cheers,

Nate

Back