logo

Jack draw today

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was told the KCBS board would have the Jack draw on it today....would someone please copy and paste to the forum? I'm a little busy, but would like to know who got in.

Thank you so much brothers!

Love ya!

Been watching closely with everyone else. Just a few named so far. As of now, I've seen Smokey Mountain Smokers, Buttrub.com, J-Mack, Bill and the Dixie Chicks, Smokin Clones, CancersucksChicago.com, Jacks Old South.

Crap! It's in PDF format and mine in corrupted onmy work computer so I printed on a co-worker's computer. I'll try to type it all in...

Automatics:
1. Boys From Tornado Alley (2005 Winner)
2. Lotta Bull (2005 American Royal Open GC)
3. Rotten Wood Cookers (2006 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo GC)
4. Red Hot Smokers (2006 Memphis in May GC)
5. Bar-B-Quau (seven wins)
6. Pellet Envy (seven wins)
7. Music City Pig Pals

State Draws:
8. AK - Blazen BBQ
9. ID - Packer Backer BBQ
10. IN - Ulcer Acres
11. MA/VT - I Smell Smoke
12. ME - Dirty Dick & the Legless Wonders
13. NM - It Ain't Prime
14. NV - QN4U
15. OH - Ribs & Bibs
16. UT - Oink County Cookers
17. WY - Carcass Cookers
18. NH - Q Haven
19. SC - Smokey Mountain Smokers
20. AL - Smoke & Spice
21. IL - Hoosier Hogs
22. KS - Jumpin Joe's BBQ
23. MS - The Grilling Room BBQ Team
24. MD - I Que
25. MO - Pig Roy
26. NE - Smokin' Tailgators
27. CA - Burbank's Bad Boys
28. WA - Raven's Fryre BBQ
29. IA - Smokin Clones BBQ
30. NY - Daisy Mae's BBQ
31. CO - Team Danny
32. KY - J Mack Cookers
33. OR - Bone Shakin BBQ
34. NJ - Philly Pigs
35. GA - BS Pitmeisters
36. TN - Buttrub.com
37. OK - Daddy's Better Half
38. TX - Big "H"
39. WI - Bavarian BBQ Boys
40. MN - Lynch BBQ Company
41. LA - Pop's Pit Crew
42. VA - Dizzy Pig BBQ
43. NC - Hickory Knoll Cookers
44. AR - Jus Good Cookin'
45. FL - Bill & the Dixie Chicks
46. MI - CancerSucksChicago.com

Home State:

47. LA - Pork n Bones
48 SD - Parrothead Smokers
49. GA - Jack's Old South

Wild Card:

50. OK - The Smokedelics

I see Ulcer Acres in there. Congrats Randy! I also see Q Haven. Congrats, Ted!

I may have missed some other Brethren in the list. Congrats to all!

From Illinois I see Bar b Quau and Cancer Sucks.

I don't get the "Home State" group. I'm assuming wildcard is just another draw to get up to 50?

The home state group is just to ensure that there is someone representing every state that either had a contest or has a qualifier living in the state. For example no one from LA was drawn from a state draw so Pork-N-Bones was drawn from the list of winners that lives in LA.

Congrats to all that made it. I Que can be added to the list of brethren teams above.

Jeff_in_KC said:
I don't get the "Home State" group. I'm assuming wildcard is just another draw to get up to 50?

If you ever cook at a contest with this man you will remember him. (48 SD - Parrothead Smokers) He is something else. ask anyone

Congrats to all that got drawn. Just a clarification on the "Home State" thing. If you are the only team in a state to win a state championship anywhere, you get invited. For example, John Nilges (Parrothead) actually won a qualifying contest in Nebraska. Even though they drew Smokin' Tailgators out of Nebraska, John is invited because he is the only team in South Dakota to win a qualifying contest (in any state).

Rod (soon to be from Idaho or Montana!)

Wow, Rod, that comment begs it's own thread! I agree with Gary about off topic but dang, you can't drop something like that on us and not explain!

Jeff_in_KC said:
LOL! Hope I didn't pizz anyone off TOO bad over there! Did ya like that one? :lol:

they'll get over it..:-D Hey it didnt bother me and I was in the draw..
im still scratching my head over the level of anticipation of people who were not in the draw itself..thats whats nice about BBQ..everyone has your back and is genuinely happy when ya do good..
congrats to all the winners..especially Scottie of CancerSucksChicago team..he has been through a lot in the last few years and is Q'ingfor a great cause

So Rod, is it going to be the Geer or the FE in Lynchburg? Looking at the GC's for the past few years, seems to be a even mix of pellets and sticks.

btw, my brother just moved to Australia, maybe he should be ique's new head cook... hmmmm

Chris

kcpellethead said:
Congrats to all that got drawn. Just a clarification on the "Home State" thing. If you are the only team in a state to win a state championship anywhere, you get invited. For example, John Nilges (Parrothead) actually won a qualifying contest in Nebraska. Even though they drew Smokin' Tailgators out of Nebraska, John is invited because he is the only team in South Dakota to win a qualifying contest (in any state).

Rod (soon to be from Idaho or Montana!)

Chris got it. If you live in an obscure state that only has a couple competition barbecue cooks, the guy that wins a state championship in ANY state, if he/she is the only one in their home state, gets to go to the Jack . . .every year without being in the draw. So, I was simply joking that I need to move to Idaho or Montana.

As for the pit quesiton Chris, I'm still trying to decide. Cooking a 70 team contest this weekend with pellets. Considering cooking the next three weekends with sticks just to see how it comes out. You'll know when you get there, as I think we've usually been neighbors in Lynchburg. Congrats and see you there . . .

Rod

Back