Been WAY to long

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Not only since I've posted, but since I've smoked anything. I finally am caught up and the family stuff has mellowed a bit. I have one of my camping/beer drinking/BBQ'ing friends coming by for lunch and beers around noon :clap2:. I pulled a cryopac of beef short ribs out of the freezer last night. I got them prepped with a 50/50 mix of SM Sweet and Spicy and Plowboys Bovine Bold and in the Bandera by 7am this morn @ 280*. I had an abundance of poblano peppers, so I figured I'd stuff some, dry some, and use the rest in the braising liquid when I pan and wrap the ribs. I'll make some shredded beef tacos out of the leftovers. I've got a salad, some potatoes, and some nice stouts to go with the ribs. Might even pour a whisky after lunch and call it a day. I will post pics as the cook progresses. Hope everyone's Saturday is looking as good as mine :thumb:.

Here are the first pics. Two nice racks, trimmed and rubbed, and going into the foil pan with onion, garlic, chilis, and beef broth.

Last edited:
Here's some finished pron. The racks done, cut ribs, and todays beer selections. Time to go enjoy a whisky and chill out. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Back