• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

i made pasta and shrimp and crabmeat alfredo this weekend.....

As always - over the top job!

i've never thought about doing that. i'm not sure how the fresh pasta would be with the smoke. it would surely be interesting.

You may want to look into cold smoking the cheese though.

I am impressed. Your foods looks fantastic.

However, what really caught my attention was that Bloody Mary. I haven't had one in years and that one looks really good.

Ed

I tried a recipe many moons ago that included EVOO only to learn that oil disrupts gluten production.I now develop as much gluten as possible for a more stable pasta.

Eggs, A.P. Flour, and Semolina is my go to pasta. Might throw some spinach in too if I want to feel fancy, but I've only done it once, and preferred spinach added in, rather than being part of the pasta itself.

Eggs, A.P. Flour, and Semolina is my go to pasta. Might throw some spinach in too if I want to feel fancy, but I've only done it once, and preferred spinach added in, rather than being part of the pasta itself.

i use.....

7 oz all purpose flour
3.5 oz semolina flour
3 whole eggs
1 tbls olive oil
1 pinch of salt

Way to represent Deepsouth! Looks like something I would happily make myself sick eating!

I haven't made seafood pasta in a while and have never made homemade pasta. Is it that much better?

Way to represent Deepsouth! Looks like something I would happily make myself sick eating!

I haven't made seafood pasta in a while and have never made homemade pasta. Is it that much better?

thank you. geaux saints! :heh:

to us, it's so much better. fresh pasta is a beautiful thing.

You have inspired me to do a batch of fresh pasta. I have semolina, what % of semolina do you use? I have Italian 00 flour handy also; does that have any place in pasta making?

thanks

Very awesome post. Hungry looking at it! So, one question, Is that a Sierra Nevada beer glass at the front end of your post?

You have inspired me to do a batch of fresh pasta. I have semolina, what % of semolina do you use? I have Italian 00 flour handy also; does that have any place in pasta making?

thanks

I use....

7 oz all purpose flour
3.5 oz semolina flour
3 whole eggs
1 tbls olive oil
1 pinch of salt

Back