Thoughts on Patio Arrangement for New Smoker

Wow, that is gonna be a killer pit. With that heavy steel it will literally last forever and as we all know as the seasoning builds and the cook gets experience the Q gets better and better - does that mean you will have Q perfection in your future?????
Man, I sure hope so! ;)

if you are going to put it directly next to the house be sure to consider the long term effects of the smoke vents. the grease and odor can have lasting effects, especially if you have a vented soffetted roof.

if you are going to put it directly next to the house be sure to consider the long term effects of the smoke vents. the grease and odor can have lasting effects, especially if you have a vented soffetted roof.
I can't put it directly next to the house as it would melt the vinyl siding. I already have a wavy spot in the siding from starting a chimney too close (which coincidentally prompted this thread) ;)

Just to close this out, I settled on this arrangement...

null_zps66572dc3.jpg

Looks nice man! Really comfortable. I'd like like sit down there and have a beer right now! :)

Thanks! It is a bit cluttered under the patio cover (at least to me) with some stuff we told my mom NOT to buy for our son because we had no where to keep it yet she bought anyway. Grandparents...sheesh! :)

Looks like a good arrangement.
And as any grandparent will tell ya "They need 5x more than you think they do" :laugh:

Since it's not at their house....

Looks like a good arrangement.
And as any grandparent will tell ya "They need 5x more than you think they do" :laugh:

Since it's not at their house....
lol...they are outside summer toys so when she is up in a couple weeks, we already told her she is taking them back to her house for winter storage ;)

Back