Whats a good rotisserie smoker

hwy hawk

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a good rotisserie smoker for compitition and some catering. What is a good afordable unit?

Do you have a price point? The CTO was about the only one I can remember that was under 10K, I think it was about 5K, but I don't think it is either made anymore or is no longer a roto...Are you looking for vertical, offset, pellet?

Just not up on them Evil Stick Burners, I am a Pellet guy and the FEC 300 would be large unit roto of choice, but it is about 10K!

Looking to spend around 5k with shipping to new york. would like an offset on a trailer.

Are you looking for an offset or a rotisserie? I don't know of an offset with a rotisserie. The ABS Pit Boss is the only rotisserie cooker I know of under $5k.

saw the muletuf smoker on e-bay but wasn't sure how they were. it looks like most of them have the firebox in the rear of them. thats fine.

Kingfisher Kookers makes a rotisserie stick burner. Doug from Smokers Purgatory could comment on it (screen name Balls Casten).

Mule Tuf is a great smoker. There are 3 or 4 that make similar style smokers from that general area. Cadillac, Heartland, Ed Morrow, Nolens are the ones that come to mind. I've seen them all in action. the Mule Tuf would be my choice. Tim is a competitor mostly doing KCBS. He does well and is well respected around here. Hope that helps, Tom.

Southern Yankee makes a roto, but not under 5K.

For that money you are going to have to look at the used market if you want to expand your options.

Heartland cooker/ Pitboss grills

We have a heartland cooker a.k.a. pitboss grills rotisserie, I love it, in my opinion the best bang for the buck...we spent right around 6k, but we also had them add a few things to ours, which they are more than happy to do...Sikeston, Mo. just south of St. Luis, not sure on what shipping would be...We picked ours up and made a road trip out of it...Had a Lang 84 with a guru before, was going to add a guru to the pitboss, but after we cooked on it a few times decided not to because it was so easy to use, low and slow, or hot and fast cooks great either way...

Check out Cadillac Cookers. One of the best rotisseries made. Decent prices.

thought I'd start with a smaller unit first to see how it works out.

If you are competing do you really want to stay up all night and feed the stick burner a log an hour. We have a Lang and it gets old really fast.

I cook on Southern Yankees. Currently on a 2'. I made some spacers for the fire box and get a 6-7 hr burn. I sleep from 10pm to 3:30 am. A little pricier than others but you might find something used. They are built like tanks.

I am not sure if they are made any more but one of the best rotisserie smokers I have seen is the Jedmaster 3660. Chris Lilly cooks on one.

Back