chicken thighs

hedge

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
do you brine, inject or both?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm doing a cook in a month where the meat is supplied, so a long brine or marinade time does not apply. I believe we have 7 hours for chicken and ribs.

Might want to find out if the meat is "treated with 10% solution" or something of that nature. If you brine those, they run the risk of being too salty if you go your normal brine time. Good luck.

I think brining is more important than injecting. I do parts for 1 hour, maybe 1.5 hours. Whole chickens or turkeys, 1 hour/pound. If you still want to inject, its not wrong.
good luck

I don't complete, so take this for what it's worth.
Lately I have been brining, and removing the skin and scraping it down to remove as much fat as I can then reattaching the skin. We like it a lot more.

I brine my chicken. Thighs I do for 2 hrs and rince and dry off and then let them sit fos a couple hrs before cooking They are really good. I use thirdeyes brine recipe buit I did decrease the salt to sugar ratio. I also add a little old bay seasoning Cooked my best chicken ever according to my wife last night

I inject, but do not brine competition chicken.

Cooking @ home or for catering gigs, I brine, but do not inject.

bros helping bros. thanks guys.

Some folks brine or marinate, others just use rub. I prefer the latter. In a smoker, your chicken will be cooked after only two hours at 275. You have plenty of time.

Back