My first CL score!!!!

wormraper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
ok, I FINALLY found something awesome on CL.. I'm browsing around and see this Weber Performer Platinum grill for $50 ... I nearly keel over, I drive out immediately to go check it out and it's in Tip top shape (except for that small ding in the porcelain on the top right of the kettle lid). the guy's just moving out of state and can't ship it with his other belongings. sooooooo, a $300+ grill for $50 + charcoal baskets, a couple extra propane tanks for the gas assist light, some utensils and a cover.... I think score

dsc02658y.jpg

36008425.jpg

72162949.jpg

61555340.jpg

Last edited:
Great cooker and awesome deal!

I'd put something on the chip to prevent more deterioration. I'm not a big fan of paint because it never seems to stop the rust (at least for me.) On my most recent cleanup (yesterday) I put Pam spray on the chips and around handles and anywhere there was rust. My hope is that it will harden from the heat like when you season cast iron and protect the metal. But I have no mileage on this so it's something new I'm trying at the moment.

yeah, I was gonna take care of that chip soon too. wasn't sure how to do it. was just gonna get some high heat grill paint at HD or Lowes and spot paint it, but if that really doesn't work I'll defer to your guys expertise

Welcome to the "scored a Performer on CL" Club! :clap:

lol, I feel special now. finally great to have a weber kettle with a thermometer built into it. no more using that jury rigged turkey therm through the vent holes lol

I would go to trophy shop and get a small brass badge and put "stolen 05-18-2013"

Put the tastefully completed badge over the chip with JB Weld. Its yours. Pimp that cooker out.

great score for sure. i'm proud to show the war wounds. i just lightly scrub off some of the rust and then apply pam.

nice score, i wish i could've gotten my platinum for that price. you're gonna love that thing!!!

Back