BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Burrito" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

My farking official entry...

I made a Flat Iron Steak burrito cooked sort of carne asada style.

I started by marinading my flat iron steak in OO and fresh herbs for four hours. I didn't take a picture of that, because it was in a plastic bag and was seriously ugly.

While that was going on, I made some homemade pico de gallo.

picture.php

I also needed some refried beans, so I ran some black beans through the food processor until roughly pureed. Then I fried two slices of bacon...

picture.php

I ate the bacon, and used the bacon fat to fry my black bean puree. :biggrin1:

picture.php

The marinaded steak went on the grill...

picture.php

The well charred but rare beef went on to the a tortilla topped with the bacon re-fried beans...

picture.php

Then a layer of grated asadero, queso quesadilla, and cojita cheeses, my homemade pico de gallo and some sour creme.

picture.php

I rolled it up burrito style, and ate it with some blue-colar Mexican beer, Pacifico Clara. right out of the bottle, of course.

picture.php

CD

Yummy I would definitely hit that.

Oye Casey Dog que parece fantástica. Espero que consigamos una ruptura en el tiempo entonces puedo hacer mis pantanos burrito.

The Bayou Burrito

I thought I would throw my hat in the ring with something a little different. This is my official entry I call it The Bayou Burrito.

I gathered some of my favorite things. Crawfish, pork, Monterey Jack cheese, the cajun "Holy Trinity", onions, bell peppers, and celery. And some Zapps Crawtater Chips and pickled okra on the side.

DSC01247.jpg

I butterflied two pork loin fillets and stuffed them with crawfish meat. Then I wrapped them in bacon and threw them on the cooker.

DSC01248.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

In the meantime I sautéed the trinity in butter and cajun seasonings. When they were done I mixed in the Jack cheese.

DSC01251.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

When the pork rollups were done I made the burrito. First a layer of crawfish stuffed pork. Then the veggie cheese topping.

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

I served it with the Zapps chips and pickled okra. A tasty lunch for sure.

Entry Shot.

DSC01269.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Really nice job there Brady! Fantastic shots and I am sure it tasted as good as it looks! Only wish I hadn't burned my tongue this afternoon on a burger while playing with fire for the burger TD. I could have stopped by and eaten that thing for you!
Jed

Hard to argue against anything with a crawfish fatty filling. Outstanding!

Thanks I had to think outside the box to compete with you guys.:wink:

Really nice job there Brady! Fantastic shots and I am sure it tasted as good as it looks! Only wish I hadn't burned my tongue this afternoon on a burger while playing with fire for the burger TD. I could have stopped by and eaten that thing for you!
Jed

Thanks Jed It was tasty. Man you are having a bad day. First your dog eats your tri-tip then you burn your tongue.:mmph:

I can't figure out why the entry shot is smaller.:doh: Still so much to learn.:tsk: Sorry :focus:

Last edited:
Thanks I had to think outside the box to compete with you guys.:wink:

Thanks Jed It was tasty. Man you are having a bad day. First your dog eats your tri-tip then you burn your tongue.:mmph:
Some days the hammer, other times, the nail.

I can't figure out why the entry shot is smaller.:doh: Still so much to learn.:tsk: Sorry :focus:
K-Jun-- Try re-uploading that same pic again to photobucket, and either edit or re-enter your entry pic. Try to see that the dimensions read something like 1024 X 768, rather than 640 X 480 for example, in the coarse of your processing. (Superb job, BTW!). :grin:

Brilliant looking entry's so far

Ok. I will admit it. I need help. Maybe even more than I am willing to admit. I need more votes on this particular Throwdown. If I don't win. I don't win. And that means that I don't win. If I don't win then I am not the winner. Foil hats are in my future. In spite of all my anxiety, I feel like a winner, even though I may not be the winner of this particular TD. Please vote for Moose. :doh::thumb:

Back